Klaus

-

I laid in bed as I toyed with my locket Noah gave me. A knock came at my door and I turned to see Elena and Elijah. "Hey Lena." I mumbled before shooting up. "What the hell?" I asked Elena shushed me before saying, "Elijah is on our side okay? I need your help." I nod, "I'll be getting changed." Elijah says before leaving. "Okay Elena. What's going on?" I asked. 

"We're getting answers." Elena says and I nod, as Elena pulls me up. We go downstairs, as Elijah joins us a few minutes after. "He's wearing my dads favorite suit." I mumbled and Elijah goes to say something. "Don't, please." He nods

"So I assume that the Martin witches are no longer with us." Elijah says, "No. I'm sorry." Elena tells him, "And Katerina? She would have been released from my compulsion when I died." Elijah asks, "Klaus took her. Along with Noah. We think that she may be dead, and my boyfriend is trying to kill me." I snapped. 

"I doubt that. Not Klaus' style. Death would be too easy for her after what she did. As for Noah, I'm sorry." Elijah tells me and I nod. "I don't understand. You say that you want Klaus dead, but you still made Katherine pay for betraying him." Elena says, "I have my own reasons for wanting Katerina to pay. There was a time...I'd have done anything for Klaus."

"Yes. Klaus is my brother." Elijah tells us, "I heard that. I'm still processing." Elena tells him and I nod. "Yes, I'm a little behind on the times, but I believe the term you're searching for is "O.M.G."" He says as He then drinks some tea.

"Let's take a walk. I need some air." I suggest and Elijah agrees. "So as you've seen, nothing can kill an Original. Not Sun, not fire, not even a werewolf bite. Only the wood from one tree. A tree my family made sure burned." Elijah explained to us, as he walked in between Elena and I. "That's where the white ash for the dagger comes from." I told him, "Yes. The witches won't allow anything truly immortal to walk the earth. Every creature needs to have a weakness in order to maintain the balance."

"So the Sun can't kill an Original. Why is Klaus so obsessed with breaking the Sun and Moon curse?" Elena asks, and Elijah nods "Right. The curse of the sun and the moon. It's all so...biblical-sounding, don't you think?"He smiles. "What's so funny?" I asked amused, and he tells us a story."I don't understand. So Klaus drew the Aztec sketches about the curse?" I asked, "Roman scrolls, African tribal etchings, and any other culture or continent we felt like planting in it." Elijah explained, "But why?""Easiest way to discover the existence of a doppelgänger or to get your hands on some long, lost moonstone is to have every single member of two warring species on the lookout." Elijah tells us, "So it's not Aztec at all?" I asked, "The curse of the Sun and the Moon...is fake. It doesn't exist."

 We freeze as He starts walking away. "What?!" We both yelled before we start to follow him."Klaus and I faked the sun and moon curse dating back over a thousand years." Elijah tells us, "But if there's no curse..." Elena starts, "There's a curse. Just not that one. The real one's much worse. It's a curse placed on Klaus." 

"What are you talking about?" I asked, "Klaus has been trying to break it for the last thousand years. And you two are his only hope." Elijah explains. "What is this curse?" Elena asks.

"Your phone will not stop its incessant buzzing. Answer it, please." Elijah says and He gives her the phone. She answers. It's Stefan. "Stefan...what's wrong? No. No, no, no, no. Okay, I'll be right there." She hangs up and looks at Elijah. "Klaus went after Jenna. I have to go to her." Elena says, "I'm afraid that wasn't part of today's arrangement." Elijah tells her. "She's my family, Elijah. I have to. I'll be back. You have my word." Elena tells him. "That doesn't mean anything to me until you live up to it." Elijah snaps. "Thank you." she says and She runs to her car. Elijah looks at her, before turning to me.