Masquerade

I hummed along to my record playing as I posed in my dress and makeup done. "You look beautiful." I heard and smiled at Noah's reflection in my mirror. "Ali!" I heard and my door opened, Noah was gone as Tyler popped his head in. "Yeah?" I asked and he walked in. "Are you okay?" he asked and I sighed. "I know you were closer to dad than I was and.. I just need to make sure. I feel like I've been avoiding you lately." I just walked over and hugged her taking him by surprise but he hugged me back.

"At any point you wanna ditch tonight Aaliyah, you tell me okay?" he asked and I nodded as he squeezed me before letting me go.
--

The whole first half of the party Noah and I danced, drank and laughed

The whole first half of the party Noah and I danced, drank and laughed. Until he disspeared, with a kiss on the head and a 'Stay in sight.' Except he completely vanished.

I sighed being alone used to be my favorite thing. Then everyone smiles sympatheticly with pity and I hate it. Makes me feel powerless. I need out.

--

I walked around the whole mansion until I found them in dad's office. "Tyler?" I asked and he turned to me. "Hey, you ok?" he asked as Matt picked up the picture of mom and dad from dad's desk. "Right dad? You know, looks like your dad wants a drink." Matt called out as he pours alcohol on the picture. "Hey, that's not cool. What's wrong with you?" Tyler said turning to him and I stared in horror. "Come on, the guy was a dick." Matt said, "Come on, you're being mean. His dad's dead." Sarah told him. "Give me the picture!" Tyler snapped but I could only stare as he tries to snatch it but Matt won't let him.

"Remember how your dad used to slap you around?" Matt asked as he then slaps Tyler. "Matty Knock it off!" I pleaded but he ignored me. "Are you kidding?" Tyler asked, "I'm just having fun." Matt laughed, "Put the picture down now" I snapped. Matt slams the picture against the desk, breaking it. "Okay, you need to calm your drunk ass down right now!" Tyler said, "Do something about it!" Matt snapped as  Matt pushes Tyler away. "I'm not gonna fight you."

Matt rushes over him and throws him on the floor. Matt punches him in the face. Tyler gets up and punches Matt. Caroline arrives as I use my magic to push them apart. "STOP!" I yelled, but they went back to each other. "What is going on? Stop!" Caroline said, as she puts herself between them. She pushes Matt on the floor. Matt gets up and rushes over Tyler but she stops him.

"I can't! Let me go, I have to finish!" Matt called out, "What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled, "Let me go!" Matt called out. Caroline looks at him. He keeps trying to get to Tyler. She elbows him hard in the face. He falls on the floor, unconscious. She rushes over to him.

"Matt failed. If Matt fails, I can't." Sarah said coming at Tyler, "Tyler, look out!" I yelled.  Sarah drives the paper knife in his chest. He pushes her, she hits her head hard on the desk and falls to the floor dead. He looks at his wound and rushes over to Sarah. "No, no, no!" I yelled rushing over to her with Tyler on my heels. "Come on, wake up! Sarah, open your eyes, wake up! This can't happen, oh no, this can't happen. This can't be happening! Sarah! Sarah, get up! Sarah! Open your eyes! This can't be happening! Not like this!"

Caroline goes over to Sarah and checks her pulse by putting two finger on her neck. Tyler grabs his head and screams. "Tyler? Tyler?! Tyler, what's happening?" Caroline and I yell as I turn to go over to him. He's sitting on the floor. holdin ghis head yelling. "Get away!" Caroline only then yells, "What's happening?!" I place a hand on his leg and said, "Ty look at me! You're not going to hurt me i'm not afraid okay? Look at me!" He raises his head. His eyes are amber.

----

After the party, Caroline explains to mom what happened to Sarah, but she twists the truth. "Matt and I were fighting, we broke up you know, and Sarah was drunk and dancing and she just tripped. And then she wasn't breathing." Caroline explained and mom eye'd me and Tyler. I held his hand tightly as he wouldn't lighten the grip on me. "Okay, your mom's on her way and we called Sarah's parents. It was an accident. It was a terrible, tragic accident." Mom told us, "Mom, the sheriff's here." I said and Mom nodded, "I'll go prepare her, just don't leave. Just stay here okay? She's going to want to hear the story from you."

She leaves Caroline and I alone with Tyler. "Matt's in the car, sleeping it off. I'll deal with him; I don't want him involved in any of this." Caroline told us and I nodded, "What are you two doing?" Tyler asked, "We're fixing a very bad situation." Caroline told him. "Why? I did this. I killed her." Tyler told us and I sighed, "No.." I started and he looked at me, "you didn't mean to and I think it's best for everyone..." I said and he cut me off, "But she's dead! You don't know what that means, either of you" I bit my lip as Caroline just says, "Actually, Tyler, I think I do," but he shook his head, "No, you don't, Caroline."

"Has your wound healed?" She asked and he checks his wound but realizes it has healed. I smirked as he asked, "How did you...?"

Noah popped his head in the door way, and I squeezed Tyler's hand before standing up, and walking over to him. "What happened are you okay?" he asked and I sighed as he pulled me out of the office. "I'm fine.. Tyler.. he.." I trailed off finding the right words. "He triggered his curse Noah." I told him, "He triggered his curse, and.. and .. and." He cut me off pulling me to him shushing me.

"Noah is she?" I heard mom ask, "Just shaken up, I was going to take her to bed." He said and she was silent before he moved me, so I assume she nodded.

Noah took me upstairs and I changed out of my dress to normal clothes. I came back out of my closet to find Noah on the ground, and someone grabbed me making everything go black.