Bloodlines In Unpleasentville

When I got out of the hospital my mom walked me to my dad's office and he met us in there. "Daddy whats going on?" I asked and he smiled softly at me, as he came over and hugged me. "Take a seat baby and we can talk." he said and mom helped me sit in the chair. Dad closed the office door before coming over and moving the rug. He opened a door and pulled out a journal. "Remember when we told you and Tyler the story of the founders? Dad asked and I nodded as he handed me a book. "When the town was founded all the original founders left journals to pass on to their kids. We didn't plan on telling you guys until you turned 18, but.. life has a way of working out." he told me and I looked through the pages.

"Why would the founders stories apply to me though? I'm adopted." I asked and they shared a look. Dad turned and grabbed another thing from the door in the floor that looked like a file. "This has all the information containing your birth parents." he said and handed it to me. "It was inconclusive for years until we got a name." Dad said and I grabbed it seeing my adoption file. "Her name was Francesca." I said softly and they all nodded. I handed it back to dad and sighed.

"Mama, can you help me to my room. I need to sleep." I said and she nodded helping me up. Mom helped me to my room where I flicked my bed light on, and opened the file first reading,

-
A knock came at my bedroom door and Elena popped her head in. "Hey." I said smiling, and she walked in closing the door behind her. "I brought you something." she said making me smile as she held up a necklace. "Aww! Its cute!" I said and took it as she smiled.

"Are you going to the dance later?" she asked but I shook my head. "Can't, bed rest until my leg heals. I should be better by next week." I told her and she nodded standing up, "I have to go get ready." she said and I oooed, "Send pictures!" I called out, "I will!" she said as she left.