Catch Me If You Can

--

I pulled up to the lake house and got out, as Jeremy, Elena,and Matt ran inside. I raised an eyebrow but a vampire grabbed me making me scream. The vampire then collapsed as Damon threw its heart on the ground. "Thanks." I breathed as he nodded and then pushed me towards the door. I got in as Jeremy slammed the door behind me. "What. The Holy Hell. Was that?" I asked out of breath looking at Jeremy, before we all looked at Elena and Matt. He was bleeding and she was trying to control herself.

--

Matt and Elena are staying at the Lake House, while Jeremy, Damon, and I go back to the bar Klaus was. I walked in the room first as I called out, "Klaus!" except a hand went over my mouth. I jumped as I saw Damon, who put a finger to his ear and I nodded. He points to the long trail of blood on the ground. We follow the trail of blood into the back cold storage room. A giant pile of the vampire corpses are in the corner. "Looks like we're gonna have to find some new vampires. What a waste." Damon says, "What the hell happened?" I asked looking around. "I confess." We hear and Jeremy steps in front of me, turns around and holds the bow up to see Kol entering the room. "I did it."

"Kol?" Jeremy asks, "Jeremy, good to see you, mate. Sorry about the mess. Ugh, it was a little crowded when I arrived, and I prefer more intimate gatherings. We three need to have a little chat." Kol takes a sip of bourbon from the bottle. "Care for a drink?" he asked, "They're underage, and I don't like you, so let's just cut to it." Damon snapped. "You know, my brother bragged about his plan to complete Jeremy's hunter's mark. It was easy enough to track this lot down. They were all hiding in the shadows. Now, killing young vampires is easy or old ones, for that matter." Kol snapped"Why? What's it to you either way?" I asked, "Because, you fools, in your zeal to find the cure, you risk waking someone very dangerous." Kol says, "Oh...You must be talking about Silas." I smirked, "What do you know of him?" Kol asked me, "Nothing. Don't want to. Not our problem." Damon snapped, "Isn't it?" Kol asked, "Uh-uh.""A few hundred years back, I came across a group that worshipped Silas. His followers told me that he would rise again, and when he did, he would trigger the end of all time. You know, being an immortal, you can see why I'm opposed to time's ending. So I murdered all of them. And now, here you are willing to risk raising him in your search for the cure. I can't exactly sit back and let that happen, can I?" Kol explained, "We're not going to back off the cure 'cause you were told one too many scary bedtime stories, you idiot." Damon says getting in his face, Kol pushes Damon, and turned to us, "Jeremy, we were mates in Colorado. You're a smart lad. Why don't you call off this imbecilic treasure hunt?"Holding up the bow, Jeremy says, "I'm not calling anything off, mate." Kol smirked, as he takes a step backwards, "Well I could kill you. But then, I'd have to deal with the hunter's curse. And I, I don't particularly feel like being haunted for the next century. Better idea. I'll just rip off your arms." Kol rushes at Jeremy, but Damon rams Kol into the wall and head-butts him. They fight. "Jeremy, run!" Damon yells, and Jeremy grabs my hand and pulls me back. "What, no!" I yelled back but Damon shakes his head. "Take her and go!" he snaps as Jeremy grabs me and guides me away from the two vampires.
--
I groaned as I pulled up at the mansion and rushed inside. "Klaus!!" I yelled and he rushed over to me. "What is it?" he asked looking me over. "It's Kol. He has Damon." I said and began to explain everything to him. When I finished Klaus smiles at me then leaned foreward to kiss my head, as he gets out his cell phone. He calls Kol who is still in the back storage room at the bar. "Little brother. Just two days home, and I'm told you've already gone and made a mess." Klaus says into the phone. Clear as day Kol calls back, "Come on, Nik. I was only having some fun."
"Those vampires were for my hunter." Klaus scolded him, "I'll make some more. There's no shortage of people." Kol snapped, "Where's Damon Salvatore?" Klaus asked, "I gave him a good and proper beating just for old time's sake." Kol chuckled, "Yes. Well, you've had your fun. Now let him go and come home. Avoid any more trouble, or you'll find yourself back in a box." Klaus snapped, "Hey. No need to be nasty about it." Kol shot back. "On the contrary, I find nastiness to be essential whenever my siblings try to sabotage me. Listen closely, Kol. Stay away from the Gilbert boy. You understand?" Klaus says, "Fine. I won't touch him. You have my word." Kol says and they hang up. "Now, let's get you something to calm your nerves." He tells me and I nod as he leaves me then returns with a mug.
-I sit in bed as I look down at all the unanswered texts to my brother. I sighed and locked my phone before plugging it in and laying back closing my eyes and falling asleep.