Chapter 9

When I opened the portrait door to Gryffindor tower, I was not expecting the level of assault to my eardrums as I was hit with. No wonder the fat lady had left her canvas, it must've been unbearable.

As a fifth year Gryffindor student you'd think I'd be used to the level of insanity that was a Gryffindor house party. You'd be wrong. It astonished me each and every time, somehow getting wilder than the last.

Bottles of vodka, rum, butter beer, Firewhisky, even wine littered the floors, tables, every horizontal surface that could hold them. The amount of cups in the hands of partygoers was double that of the actual bottles.

Teens jumped up and down with the music, there was an occasional dance circle that would break out, and people were up on the tables and couches singing along to the blaring beats. Think teenage dream. It was identical to the American cinema representation of high school parties.

But these weren't any teens. These were magical witches and wizards who went to a magical old castle with magical old things. As a result the chaos was multiplied 10 times over.

" HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!"

" There lived a certain man in Russia long ago, he was big and strong with eyes a flaming glow! Most people look at him, with terror and fear, but to Moscow chicks he was such a lovely dear!"

I stood still as I stared at the scene in front of me, while the students continued to sing along to the Muggle song "Rasputin" by Boney M.

" Ra ra Rasputin lover of the Russian queen, there was a cat that was really gone!  Ra ra Rasputin Russia's greatest love machine,  it was a shame how he carried on!"

" I love hogwarts." I said to no one in particular. This was the kind of stuff you'd tell your kids and they'd get jealous over.

" ISLA GET YOUR ARSE OVER HERE ITS PARTY TIME!!!" Killian screamed over the music, catching my attention. I followed his voice until I got through the crowd to see him, Mae, Mila, Quinn, Raidon, Nagini, and Sean gathered together.

" Now for the question, what do you want to drink?" Mila asked grabbing me a fresh cup and taking my hand to a table several bottles sat on.

" Vodka for sure." I grinned as she returned one and grabbed the bottle, pouring me a glass.

" That a girl, I brought this one, my uncle sent it straight from Russia, the best brand there is." She explained handing me the cup as I took a sip. She was right, this was by far my favorite Vodka I'd ever tasted.

" Congratulations on the win this evening by the way, you were absolutely inspiring. I'm so proud of you girl!" I fawned over here as she laughed and smiled, thanking me. The others made there way over, refilling their cups. Within a few minutes the bottles were empty.

Last Friday Night by muggle artist Katy Perry came on, and as the group shared a look, I began relocating the bottles to the side of the room. We stepped onto the table, and with one  kick from Mae, the last bottle flew off and shattered on the floor.

I knew right then that cleaning up tomorrow morning would be a pain, but in the moment I didn't care.

" It's a blacktop blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled... damn." Mae and I duetted as we shared a glance.

" LAST FRIDAY NIGHT! YEAH WE DANCED ON TABLETOPS, AND WE TOOK TOO MANY SHOTS, THINK WE KISSED BUT I FORGOT, LAST FRIDAY NIGHT!!"

" THIS FRIDAY NIGHT, DO IT ALL AGAIN!" we screamed more than sung as we jumped around on the table, twirling each other and dancing. The crowd morphed so it surrounded us atop the table.

" Pictures of last night, ended up online, I'm screwed... oh well!"

The hype only grew in the room and once we got to the chant part of the song I'm pretty sure Hogwarts foundation was starting to crack and the unicorns out in the forbidden Forrest could hear us.