Chapter 27

The sun streamed in through the windows as I shifted. A sudden wave of nausea hit me as I bolted up.

A/N: LMAO I'M KIDDING GUYS. I'm sorry I had to do that, it's such a cliche story ruiner so, naturally, I put it in. Ok, rewind.

The sun streamed through the windows as I shifted, burying my head further into Tom's chest as if trying to stop the rays from touching me. I felt Tom's hands curl up around the fabric of the sheet that rested on me, clinging as if he'd be forced to let go.

Slowly waking up, I remained still though my mind raced as I thought about everything that had happened between us before this point. All the things that Tom had done. Myrtle rested at the forefront of my mind.

" Of all people why does my interest lie in a psychopath. It's like I'm a prisoner." I deadpanned as I starred up at the ceiling, almost disappointed in myself.

" This prisons not so bad." Tom replied in his morning voice as he readjusted himself so his hands rested behind his head.

" Well I'm miserable." I said as I looked at him, proceeding to sit my body up and reach across him to the nightstand.

" You have a funny way of showing it." He said as he watched me grab a roll of parchment, a jar of ink, and a quill. I realized I hadn't even written a letter to my parents informing them of the 2 week long trip I was spontaneously running off on.

A/N: That dialogue is from/inspired by my fav movie Gods of Egypt, anyone seen it?

" Writing home about me already?" Tom asked with a little smirk. I flicked his cheek in response as his hand rubbed it.

" On the contrary I'm leaving in everything but you. My family's in Dublin, so they shouldn't have too much of a problem with me going on a 2 week 'trip with friends' ." I used air quotes, finishing the note I sealed it and set it aside.

" Do you sleep with all of your 'friends'." Tom asked to which I scoffed and crossed my arms.

" Now you're just being cocky." I told him as he stood up, grabbing a towel and walking over to the bathroom. I tried to pull my eyes off him once he looked back over his left shoulder and threw the towel over his right, back muscles flexing.

" Care to join?" He asked. I blinked twice thinking it over before replying.

" At this point why the hell not." I concluded as I stood from the bed, grabbing a towel as he did and walked into the bathroom. I slide open the curtain and reach for the knob, turning it to where I typically do in my own shower.

I step in and slide back immediately, hugging myself away from the water that feels barely lukewarm. I reach my arm carefully around the stream, avoiding it, and turn the knob as hot as it'll go. A few moments later I reach my hand out, testing the temperature.
Satisfied I slide myself under the stream.

As I detangle my hair with my fingers Tom steps in almost cautiously, leaving me confused until I see him eyeing the knob. Once his skin touches the water he jumps back, almost slipping as I turn to laugh at him.

" How in Merlins name are you not burning in that?!" He exclaims as he reaches around me to turn the knob colder, much to my dismay. I shrug before responding.

" I don't know Tom, trying to warm the cold void within me." I responded with a bland tone.

" That can't be true, if anyone's dead inside it's me, but you don't see me trying to burn myself alive." He countered as I offered only an eye roll. I grabbed some of his shampoo as I began to work it through my hair, passing the bottle to him.

I washed the shampoo out of my hair, repeating the same with the conditioner. We stood in a comfortable silence, the sound of the shower reminding me of a rainy day. My breath caught in my throat as I felt his fingers slowly reach behind my neck, lifting my hair and moving it over my shoulder.