Chapter 22

" This is disgusting."  Was the first thing that came out of Xander's mouth once we were all down there. Kicking bones aside I began the trek through the tunnels.

"Woman up and shut the fuck up." I deadpanned as I continued walking, Aldus following behind me laughing at Xander's offended expression. We reached the bronze door and I spoke the password again in parseltongue.

The two Slytherins eyes widened before Aldus went to pull open the door, Xander and I walking in as he followed. We climbed down the metal ladder to the grand walkway.

" Damn, this would be the ultimate man cave..." Aldus commented as he spun in a circle taking in the Chamber, Xander nodding. I shook my head as a smile tugged at my lips. We slowed as we reached the sculpture of Salazar Slytherin.

" Ok, let's just keep quiet." I precautioned speaking in a whisper. The boys nodded as we looked for any signs the Basilisk had been out or was awake. A low rumble suddenly echoed through the chamber startling us.

I jumped back and shoved Xander in front of me, he sputtered as he failed to remain calm and collected. Aldus and I stood side by side as we grabbed each others hands and I used my other to cover his eyes. After a moment of silence Xander broke it.

" It must've been rubble falling somewhere, there's no basilisk." I opened my eyes cautiously before pulling my hand from in front of Aldus. Upon seeing Xander's word was true we sighed relieved as we released hands.

" Isla, you really have no regard for my life, huh?" Xander spoke bitterly as he folded his arms.

" Pretty much." I responded in a bored tone and I fiddled with my nails, effectively setting Xander off. I stuck my middle finger up at him, Aldus glancing to me then to Xander before stepping I front of him.

" Nope." Aldus stated as Xander tried to move around him but failed. Once he calmed down we began the walk back seeing as our mission was accomplished.

" Heshahasa." Within 10 minutes we had made it back to the surface in the girls bathroom, apparently to Myrtles disappoint. Aldus and I walked side by side chatting as Xander walked sourly in front . We headed to the Room of Requirements to report back to Tom.

" Control your bitch Riddle." Xander announced as soon as we came through the doors.

" Tom's bitch? Honey, I'm nobodies bitch but my own." I patronized with a smirk as Rein came to my side to give me a fist bump.

" YOU SHOVED ME INTO WHAT VERY EASILY COULD'VE BEEN A BASILISKS JAW." He shouted angered as I rolled my eyes.

" And? Better you than me." I retaliated.

" Don't you have that little trinket he gave you? You would've been fine anyway!!!" Xander complained as he referred to the enchanted ring Tom gave me.

" Mhm. What, you think that's going to make me take back what I said?" I ended savagely as snickers sounded from the boys and Xander's face went red with anger. He made a charge for me but Rein and Aldus grabbed an arm each holding him back.

" Dude, we went through this earlier in the Chamber. Plus she whoops your arse every time. I'd think you'd have learned by now." Aldus scolded as I smirked and stuck my tongue out at Xander in a childish manner. Making one last lunge a voice cut him off.

" Rosier. Enough of this. Sit down." Tom spoke leaving no room for discussion. Xander straightened up, sending me glares, but alas sitting down.

" Tom, you lost me my target." I frowned at the boy as eyes went wide. Confused I followed their gaze to my hand where I was spinning a knife. I completely forgot about it, it became natural for me.