Chapter 29

As we filtered in we took in our surroundings. A dusty brick fireplace sat against one wall, several old paintings were scattered around, and a single green armchair sat in the corner with a flickering, rickety lamp that appeared to be on its last hours.

" How... uh, quaint!" Nagini spoke quietly, Nox nodding as the two attempted to find the positive in the situation.

" Darling as much as I admire your optimism, you don't have to lie about this." Aldus told her as I held in a laugh. My eyes made their way to Tom, who I realized was talking to a woman at the front desk.

" Are you sure you're not related? The resemblance is uncanny." The woman spoke to him as I furrowed my brows. Tom began speaking to the woman again as I started to weave my way through the group.

" We were planning to stay in Great Hangleton, but all the Inn's were filled. We simply need four rooms, if you'd have us, Mrs. Graham." I read the woman's name tag before smiling and looking back up at her expectedly as I stood beside Tom.

To further secure our stay, I reached into my pocket, pulling out about 10 gold galleons and setting them in front of Mrs.Graham. Her eyes widened as I sent her a innocent smile.

A/N: 10 galleons would be worth about $250 or € 220.97!

" That'll be no problem dear, here are the keys, I apologize for the delay." She spoke politely as I took the keys from her and thanked her. I turned to Tom only to see his eyes were already focused on me. I gave him a tight lipped smile and turned back to the rest of the group.

We headed up the creaky staircase to the dark hallway that was lined with just about 10 rooms. I checked the tags on the keys and saw our room numbers were 7,8,9 and 10 that sat at the far end of the hallway.

" We can have 2 to a room, so how do we want to arrange this?" I asked the group as they eyed each other, formulating a plan in their heads.

" Aldus and I can take room 9." Nagini spoke up first to which I nodded and handed her the corresponding keys.

" Xander and I will take 7." Abraxas spoke next. I threw the keys at Xander who scrambled to try and catch them while I laughed.

" You're staying with me." Tom spoke with finality as he looked down at me. I hesitated a second before rolling my eyes back at him.

" Fine. We'll take 8, Rein, Nox, that means you guys are left with room 10." I told them, handing the keys to Nox before everyone proceeded into their rooms. Upon pushing open the door, I was surprised to find the room itself wasn't as rundown as the rest of the Inn.

A dark wardrobe stood against the left wall, a large window on the far end with a small desk and chair beneath it. A simple but seemingly clean bed took up the right side of the room, along with two small nightstands. Though sparse the furniture looked to be in decent condition.

I heard Tom shut the door behind us as he walked to the window, checking the surroundings before pulling the curtains closed as I rolled my eyes yet again.

" Tom what are we doing here." I asked him leaning against the wardrobe as he opened the door on the other side, removing his robe and hanging it inside. His Egyptian azure eyes met mine as he studied my face for a moment.

" I have some things to wrap up here and then we'll be on our way to Dublin." He spoke vaguely as I came to expect. I sighed as he closed the wardrobe door, sliding in front of him once it was closed so his hand rested above my right shoulder.

As I starred up at him I tried to piece together the impossible puzzle that was Tom's scheme. I studied his face, eyes the rich Egyptian azure as always, jawline sharp and cheekbones defined, his dark hair sitting in waves atop his head. I was suddenly reminded of what I had heard Mrs. Graham say before.