Chapter 23

The next day, students were crammed into the library or their common rooms, piles of books lying around them as each studied frantically. Starting tomorrow was our OWL testing week.

" Guys, I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail half of these." Killian said with an exasperated sigh as he closed the Potions book he was reading.

" I'm sure you'll pass Killian." Kenji assured as he studied with us despite having no exams.

" Says you Mr. Mini Genius, you may be a third year but I bet you'd ace all these OWLs no problem." Killian retaliated as he crossed his arms and frowned. Mae set a comforting hand on his shoulder as Nagini and Sean offered words of encouragement.

" So anyone got plans for this summer?" Raidon asked. Nagini and I glanced at each other before I gave her a shrug and subtle nod.

" Isla and I are going to Dublin for a bit." Nagini shared as eyes flickered between her and me.

" Without us?" Mae asked as she threw her hand to her chest in mock hurt. I laughed a little before responding with a partial lie.

" Just with Rein and Aldus, nothing crazy." I told her as she nodded accepting my words. They liked Rein the most out of the death eaters, and Aldus was second, since Nagini and him grew close, almost dating in a way to Sean's disappointment.

" No one else? No Tom Riddle?" I shook my head laughing him off as I acted out the part.

" No Raidon." I concluded, and after a hesitant second he nodded his head. Raidon would always be suspicious of the death eaters and Tom just because he was overprotective, but as long a I continued to be careful and lay low I should fly under his radar.

" Isla, the same guys are outside again." Mila informed me as she came in through the portrait door carrying books, much like the other day. This definitely wasn't helping me lay low. I met my friends gazes carefully.

" I'll be back in just a bit!" Leaving my books on the table I glided out the door to be met with Xander and Aldus again. Before they could say anything I kicked both of their shins for good measure.

" Ouch! I'm sorry I know you probably don't want us here cause all your other friends are in there but we have something important to get to." Aldus explained as he reached down to rub his shin.

" Well let's not stand around here for longer." I rushed. We began our way down staircases and through halls. Realizing I forgot my wand in the common room, I stopped to tell the guys I'd be right back and to not make a mess of things before I jogged off.

A/N SWITCH TO GEMINA'S POV

Right after I overheard Mila, I slipped out of the common room and began tailing Isla. I wasn't even surprised anymore that she was with some of those Slytherins. She was always running around in the shadows with them.

Having been fed up with her secrets I was ready to go get the gossip and see what she was really up to.

I stealthily followed them through the corridors of Hogwarts until I saw Isla turning around. I ducked behind a statue until she had gone past me. Sighing relieved I stood up until an 'expeliamus' was shot at me giving me a heart attack.

My eyes whipped to where my wand clattered with the floor and back up to see the two guys Isla was with cornering me, wands drawn. The shorter one bent over to pick up my wand but was momentarily electrified as a lighting strike burst from the wand.

Laurel wood really came in handy sometimes.

Suddenly I heard someone jog down the hallway and turned to see none other than Isla. She looked between the two guys and me before crouching down in front of me.