Chapter 32

" I don't know if I ever expected to hear something like that out of Abraxas, he has his moments, but he's never that out of pocket." I spoke while slipping into one side of the bed.

" He's not really tied down to anyone this summer, so he's probably just dipping his toes in the water while Tom's not hovering around you." Rein explained, slipping in next to me and adjusting his pillow.

" I don't think he hovers, I managed to sneak off to a bar just this morning." I denied the idea, crossing my arms. Rein sighed beside me before switching the topic.

" I have to ask for more information about your mention revealing Tom's fathers death." Rein asked, turning to face me as I tensed slightly. I had my suspicions about Tom's relation to his families murders, but I wanted so badly to give him the benefit of the doubt.

" It wasn't just his father, his grandparents as well." I began as Rein's eyes widened in surprise. I took a depth breath before deciding to share bits of what I'd learned.

" I spoke to a woman at The Hanged Man by the name of Dot Graham, the Innkeepers sister. The Riddles have had a hold on the town for years, and though some are jealous of their wealth as you'd suspect, her mind was made up about the culprit. Frank Bryce, the Riddle families gardener and grounds keeper. The muggle authorities took him in for questioning... I have no clue what's happened to him since." I stopped, hesitant to add anymore of what I knew.

His rich brown eyes studied my face, proving he knew I wasn't telling the whole truth. I gulped.

" You shouldn't have to shy away from telling the truth, Isla. I don't think any of us will ever understand your relationship, Merlin, I don't know that the two of you do either, but some of this isn't healthy." He spoke genuinely in a soft tone. I darted my eyes to the side, avoiding his gaze. I knew he was right.

" We ran into him the day before. His father. Merlin, the resemblance was haunting, Rein. And the next morning, he was dead." With those last words I couldn't remain still, so I sat up and slipped out of the bed. I made a beeline for the door as if being chased and swiftly shut it, letting out a breath.

It was all too much, and I didn't think I could face it.
Glancing to the right and then left down the extensive hallway, I ended up right back where I didn't want to be. Nonetheless I quietly turned the knob to room 13 and tip toed inside.

To my relief he appeared to be asleep. I carefully sat along the edge of the bed, watching his chest move up and down with each breath, dark curls glistening in the moonlight. I sighed before pulling my eyes away from his sleeping form and up to the ceiling, staring blankly as thoughts raced around my head.

I was caught off guard when I was suddenly pulled down, my back colliding with the mattress as the wind was knocked out of me for a moment. When I opened my eyes I came face to face with Tom as he hovered over me. I was about to speak before he put a finger to my lips.

"Where have you been?" He questioned, staring down at me while I attempted to regain my words and redirect my attention from his abs.

" Reins room." I answered shortly, tensing as I saw his eyes flash with anger. The look was soon replaced by a more lustful one, though equally as dangerous. My breathing hitched as his head swooped down, lips halting just below my ear.

" Don't forget, you're mine, love. This won't be happening again." His breath left chills on my neck that only spread further down my body. The anticipation was satisfied once he kissed my neck. I hummed as he slowly made his way down, and when he reached the sweet spot on my collarbone I gasped in pleasure.

" Say it." He commanded and I instantly knew what he meant. For the record I attempted to resist, but what willpower I had was thrown out the window with one of his looks.