Chapter 21

" Ms. Hildegard, very well done." Professor Slugghorn passed back the written portion of our recent Potions test.

" Thank you Professor." I responded courteously with a smile. Upon leaving the class I met up with Killian and Mae.

" Merlin I got a P! I'm below average!!" Killian exclaimed with enthusiasm as I watched amused.

" Below Average!!!" Mae repeated with equal energy. Laughing I watched as the couple shared a high five at Killians 'accomplishment'. Potions was our last class of the day, so we decided to go collect the others and go for a stroll on the school grounds.

Nearly all the snow and ice was melted away, which Raidon considered a good thing. Not because he hated the cold, but because I couldn't attempt to stab him with icicles anymore.

It was a pastime of sorts.

" Oh look guys! The heather is blooming!" Nagini spoke excitedly upon seeing the familiar purple flowers.

" April showers bring May flowers." Sean replied with a smile as he watched her. Spotting some dandelions on the hill over I nudged Mae and pointed. She quickly caught on and we began collecting the yellow flower.

Sitting on the hilltop, the others joined us while Mae and I began the intricate and delicate art of flower crown making. Moments like these, sitting with my friends and laughing was what I looked forward to. No matter how crazy things got with Tom and the death eaters, as long as I had these five, I'd be ok.

" Raidon! Come on, drop your macho man attitude and wear the flower crown!" Mae said as I looked over to my right, Mae on her knees struggling to get the crown atop Raidons head as he constantly squirmed away. I burst into laughter as my friends joined me.

" Isla help me knock some sense into him!" Mae exclaimed with a huff after giving up on trying to get the crown on Raidons head. I was about to speak before a voice cut me off, and a familiar 6'2.5 figure approached.

" Isla, Nagini." Abraxas gained our attention. My eyes squinted in the suns light as I turned my head up to the blonde. Sharing a look with Nagini, I knew we had to go, though it was a bit difficult to remain inconspicuous.

I made a mental note I'd have to explain to the boys they weren't meant to stand out, they were meant to lay low considering the sketchy and nefarious things they did. For now we just had to think of a rapid fire excuse that seemed credible enough.

" Sorry guys, I forgot we had plans to revise each others Herbology essays on Shrivelfigs. Rather strange purple fruits." I bluffed on the spot. Abraxas, Nagini and I did share herbology after all, so I was pretty satisfied with my fib.

" Gosh I completely forgot, best get going! See you guys later!" Nagini added into the act. To our luck the others didn't seem to suspect anything. Raidon was glaring at Abraxas, but that was nothing new.

I grabbed onto Abraxas' left arm as Nagini repeated with my actions with his right. Subtly digging my nails into his arm he let out a yelp and turned to glare at me.

" The lot of you needs to understand that those who associate with Tom are automatically viewed with suspicious eyes. I know each of you is a peacock in your own right but you need to tone things down." I spoke through my teeth while smiling as to not attract attention.

" Alright alright, no need for violence." He surrendered while patting his sleeve as if it was an injured animal. I rolled my eyes while the three of us continued to the castle and through its doors.

We arrived at the Room of Requirement, the twinkle in Nagini's eyes as she watched the door appear for just the second time brought a smile to my face. Upon entering I was surprised to see Xander and Rein in an intense game of wizards chess.