Chapter 5: Consequences

Throughout the night, everyone played drinking games. Sook tried his best to hold back, but he wanted to keep up with Roon. Chan knew better than to drink more than a cup because their family was infamous for having a low alcohol tolerance.

The last game of the night was spin the bottle, to which Chan sat out. He lounged on the couch and watched his cousin take his turn. Sook bit his lip, hoping for Roon. To his surprise, the bottle landed on Dee.

“Okay! Let’s go to the closet!” Dee stood up while Sook watched in horror. Dee?! Of all the people!

Sook stood up, but then watched as Dee fell down on the hard floor. Sook and Roon tended to Dee right away.

“He’s out cold.” Roon made sure his friend was breathing, until a loud snore came from Dee.

Han yawned and covered his mouth. “I'm out, then. See you Monday!”

Everyone was out of the apartment in the next five minutes, except for Chan and Sook. Sook was helping Roon get Dee to bed while Chan cleaned up in the living room.

Once Dee was comfortable in bed, Roon pulled Sook to the restroom and closed the door behind him. Sook was in shock to say the least. “What are you—”

He was interrupted by Roon's lips. They tasted of liquor, but he didn’t mind. Sook was just happy to be melting in the arms of his longtime crush.

Chan wondered what was taking his cousin so long, but continued to clean, tossing cans and plastic cups into a trash bag.

“Leave it.” He stopped abruptly to see Sinn, standing behind him with that straight, emotionless face of his.

“Oh, P'Sinn. It’s okay, I'm almost done.” He was as polite as he could be with his senior.

He placed another can in the bag before it was taken away. “I said stop.”

Chan became frustrated. What was Sinn's problem? He didn’t do anything wrong. “Fine.”

He assumed Sinn would take over cleaning, but he simply tossed the bag on the ground. “Dee doesn’t need special attention. He needs to pick up after himself.” It was the first explanation Sinn had given Chan, and the boy was surprised. It didn’t even sound rude, just informative.

Sinn sounded like a parent to a child that was Dee. Sook was right, they did have a weird relationship.

Sinn went to the kitchen to get a bucket from under the sink. It was for Dee, in case he needed to throw up when he woke up.

Chan watched his senior, curious as to why he was the way he was. *He has a nice body.* The boy tilted his head and stuck out his lips as he watched the senior squat for the bucket. *I wish I had tattoos like that. I wonder if he has anymore under—*

*~*Meanwhile*~*

Roon parted from Sook's lips, still reeling in from the emotions that it took to kiss him.

“W-what was that for?” Sook wasn’t sure if he was so drunk that he was hallucinating, or if it was actually happening.

“Since you didn’t get to spend 7 minutes in heaven with Dee…I thought you could have at least one minute with me.” Roon gulped. He was as nervous as Sook was, just hid it better.

Chan's thoughts were interrupted by Roon and Sook exiting the restroom together. His eyes widened when he realized what was going on.

Roon walked Sook over to Chan, who was looking back and forth at them. Sook was drunk, but a happy drunk at that point. “Text me when you get home.”

“I will.” Sook blushed as he turned around.

Chan let his cousin out the door first, and when he closed the door he looked back to see Sinn looking his way, too, walking into a bedroom. *What a mystery.*

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Sinn tossed a pair of sunglasses to Dee before they left the apartment. “You look like death.”

“Do we have to go?” Dee stomped and pouted like a child while following Sinn.

“Yes. Pho wants to have breakfast with us. Don’t act stupid.”

“Me? Never.”

Aawut told them to have breakfast or brunch with him every weekend, and as much as possible during the week. If Kaew was free, she would join them. Aawut started this when Sinn went off to college, so that he could keep tabs on him. It was just an excuse to keep his stepson in check.

The food was ready when they arrived and it was only Aawut, because Kaew went in for an early shift. The boys sat down across from their father and they all dug in. Dee was hesitant, because his stomach was queasy, but if he didn’t eat, his dad would just nag so he took small bites at a time.

“Decha, eat more, and take some food back to your dorm.”

“Mmm okay.” Dee tried eating more, but it wasn’t going down so easily. “Excuse me for a second.” He rushed to the bathroom upstairs to throw up. He didn’t want his father knowing he was hungover.

Aawut glared at Sinn from across the table, but Sinn was already used to it, so he didn’t look. “He drank, didn’t he?”

“Yes, sir.”

“I better not get any noise complaints from the building manager. You know how I feel about that.” Dee had parties at Sinn's apartment before school started, and Aawut had already had enough.

“Yes sir.”

“Go check on him.”

Sinn left the table as he was told. Dee was resting on the bathroom floor when he walked in.

“He knows doesn’t he?”

“Mmm.” Sinn sat next to him, leaning his head against the wall, too. He never told Dee ‘no’ even if it got him in trouble. It wasn’t Dee's fault that his father was the way he was. Dee deserved a normal life, and Sinn had decided when they were young to protect him like he was blood.

“I wish he would let me enjoy college life. He’s too strict. He'll probably take away my motorcycle for a week.”

“I can drive you wherever you need.” Sinn wanted to shield his brother from everything, even if it meant he would have to sacrifice himself in whatever way.

**TW: violence/abuse**

After breakfast, Aawut told Dee to wait in the car so he could speak to Sinn alone. Sinn knew what that meant.

SLAP!

Sinn didn’t feel anything anymore. His head moved with the force of his stepfather's hand. He was so used to it, that even though it hurt, he couldn’t cry. There wasn’t anything left in him to cry. He simply winced and his expression went back to normal.

Aawut grabbed Sinn's arm and pulled him close to talk into his ear. “This is your only warning.” Aawut's worst punishment was whipping on the back. Although Sinn didn’t like the belt, he also didn’t listen to Aawut 100%. He had the scars on his back to show for it.

“Yes sir.”

The man released his strong grip on Sinn, and the boy knew that it would leave a bruise.