Chapter 47: Finally Free

****TW: Guns/Blood****

Five Seconds

For five seconds Chan looked deeply into Sinn's eyes. He wanted to see Sinn for possibly the last time at least and take in all of the memories. He wanted his boyfriend to be the last thing he saw in case he died right there.

Chan had lived such a good life, and wanted to give Sinn a chance at that finally. He wanted Sinn to live and rise from all of the anguish and hard times he had gone through. He wanted Sinn to survive. That would make it worth it to Chan. Sinn was worth it. Chan wanted to tell him that, but his actions would have to do.

The boy knew Aawut was behind him, but he felt nothing. No pain anywhere on his body.

Chan turned to his side, only to find Dee standing right behind him. “Dee?”

Chan and Sinn watched as Dee collapsed slowly. “Dee!” Sinn leapt forward and his mother came to help. Blood was coming from a spot in Dee's side, and he wasn’t waking up.

Chan looked up at Aawut to find him staring blankly down at his son. The man fell to his knees.

BANG BANG BANG!

The door shook. “Police! Open up!”

Chan jumped up and unlocked the door, opening it for the cops to rush in with their guns.

“Put the gun down now!” Chan was surprised hearing this. He turned around expecting to see Aawut with the gun to his own head, but instead it was Sinn.

Sinn was standing up with the firearm, pointing it directly at the man who had tortured him for years. Chan could see the murder in Sinn's eyes. He would never know how it felt, but he could see how much pain Sinn was in.

Sinn’s hand shook as it held the gun. “You took away years from us. Look what you’ve done! To us! To your own son!”

“Put the gun down!” The cops loud voices only scared Chan more.

A small grin came from the man on the floor. “Shoot me! I dare you! Shoot me!” Aawut had finally lost control of the situation. He wanted Sinn to shoot him, because it would relieve Aawut from all of the pain he would have to suffer.

“Sinn! Put it down…” Kaew said while holding Dee. Her hands were bloody and applying pressure to his wound. “Don’t let him get to you.”

All it took were those words from her. Sinn just had to be reminded that it was finally over. All of the pain and torment they had gone through had come to this. “I won’t kill you. You need to live with yourself now.”

Sinn let his arm fall and handed the gun to the cop nearest him. Regardless, they arrested Sinn right then and there since he was holding the gun. They also arrested Aawut because he matched the description Sook had called in.

The paramedics rushed in and hurriedly moved Dee to a stretcher and rolled him out of the house.

Chan watched everyone leave one by one, then stayed at the front door as they all went separate ways. Aawut and Sinn were put into the backs of different police cars.

Sook ran to Dee's side and rode in the ambulance with him. Chan would never forget the look on Sook’s face as he saw Dee. His cousin was horrified and crying, and he didn’t blame him. He was thankful to Sook for calling the cops so quickly, but sorry to his cousin for letting that happen to Dee.

Kaew was being treated by an ambulance and questioned by a cop at the same time. Sinn was released from the handcuffs and sent to the ambulance with Kaew, where they hugged one another. Chan smiled at them softly. He was glad they were finally free.

Cops came and shooed Chan out so they could tape up the house. He wandered down the large stone steps slowly. He thought about how quickly and violently everything started, and how abruptly it had ended. He wondered if Dee would be okay, and if everything would ever be the same after that day.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

(I’m not a medical professional, forgive me.)

When Dee woke up it was two days later. He had been so loopy that even if he was awake after surgery he couldn’t remember.

As soon as his eyelids opened, he could see Sook standing and talking on the phone with someone. Dee smiled. Even if he was just seeing the back of Sook's head, he didn’t think he’d ever see his boyfriend again.

“Mae, please don’t send anymore flowers, the nurses will complain that there's a garden in here.” Sook joked with his mother. “Alright, I’ll see you later.”

Dee waited patiently for his boyfriend to notice him. Sook treated that day like the previous one. He turned around and just as he was about to go refill his drink, he realized Dee's eyes were open.

One might think he would rush over to Dee or get all excited and giddy, but not Sook. He looked at Dee with pity. Sook had felt so bad for him and everything he had gone through.

Dee just smiled. It couldn’t have been easy for Sook to see him that way. He could tell that Sook was happy just by seeing the tears swell in his eyes. “Don't cry. You’re going to make me cry.”

Sook walked over and picked up Dee's hand. He didn’t want to hug him due to all of the wires, so he leaned over to kiss Dee's forehead. Sook paused in front of Dee's face and wiped a tear that was rolling down. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” Dee leaned up to give Sook a quick kiss but immediately regretted it. His body was so sore!

He winced in pain and Sook clicked his tongue. “If you wanted a kiss just say it, don’t be impatient.” Sook lightly planted his lips on Dee's, kissing him softly and slowly. Taking their time had never meant so much.

“I can uh come back later?”

Sook stood up quickly and revealed a woman at the doorway with a blanket folded over her arm.

“Mae?”

Sook smiled and stepped back to let her closer. “I brought this for you. It’s softer than the ones here.” She placed the blanket over him and tucked him in like a child.

“Thank you.”

Although Chirawan was happy that her son was awake, it made her frown at at the fact that Aawut did it. “I’m so sorry.” She paused and held his hand. “When I left your father, he threatened me. I didn’t trust him not to hurt me, but I didn’t think he’d ever hurt you.”

“It's not your fault. He didn’t mean to hurt me. I just wish you would’ve told me so I could help you.”

Chirawan smiled flatly at her son. She wished a lot of things were different, bit she did what she thought was best. “It’s okay now. He’s going away for a long time. He can’t hurt anyone else.”

“Mae…when can we go home?” Even though Dee was legally an adult, he still felt like a child in such a state. He just wanted to be in a warm bed and relax. His body was aching and sore.

“Actually, Sook helped me find a new home.” There was no way either family would be going back to the hell house. “We think you’ll love it.”

“I'm sorry I didn’t introduce you sooner. I was going to…”

“I know. Sook told me you took him by the facility.” She smiled back at the small boyfriend. “I love him already. I’ve seen how good he takes care of you.”

Dee admired his shy boyfriend who was fiddling with his hands. “He's great isn’t he?”