five

(Danielle's POV) 

     I closed the door as I headed up Ashton's driveway. I've gotten pretty close with the boys in the past month. Even though Luke and I haven't spoken in about a week or so, that didn't stop Ashton from inviting Jay, Cara, and I to their Youngblood party. I guess Youngblood the song hit number one on three more charts and hit over five hundred thousand listens. Cara begged me to come and I told her I'd thinks about it and let her and Jay have fun. They both have gotten to know the boys and Luke well too so I can't keep them separate. 

       Luke and I haven't talked in a week or so because of our incident that happened at our scheduled date from two weeks ago. 

Flashback

     I looked around the parking lot and still have no sign of Luke. I've texted him a number of times but haven't gotten any contact back. 

     Cara left the restaurant that I was sitting in the lot of and came to my car. "He's not in there," she told me since she was a waitress here. 

     I sighed. "Then I guess he's not coming," I said to her. 

     "I'm sorry hon," she told me. "Maybe he's running late. Maybe something came up-" I stopped her there. 

     "If he was late, he'd tell me. If something came up, he'd tell me. And he didn't. Looks like he ditched me." 

     "He wouldn't ditch you, D. I know he wouldn't," Cara said, messing with the hair on my shoulder. I brushed her hand away as the tears gained in my eyes. 

     "Looks like we were both wrong tonight." I leaned off my car door and opened it. Slamming it shut, I threw my phone in the passenger seat before slamming my hands on the wheel. Come to think that after all these weeks of us going back and forth, he's gonna stand me up....great!

End of Flashback 

     It gives me chills the more I talk about it. Paparazzi had taken pictures and videos since before then of us and the rumors keep adding up which doesn't help my aid. 

     I closed the front door behind me as I see tons of people within the room of loud music. Ashton and Calum both jumped at me with cups in their hands. 

      "DJ! What's up!" Ashton called to me as he pulled me into a hug before Calum pulled me into one as well. 

       "Just regretting coming to this loud ass party," I said. Michael passed by me, hugged me, and handed a drink before he kept walking. "Is Cara and Jay here?" 

        "Yeah, living room I believe." I nodded and walked off to the living room to find my best friends. I turned and saw Jay and Luke conversating whilst Cara walked up to them with a fresh cup. Not wanting to be seen by Luke, I moved back to the wall and texted Cara instead of having to show my face. 

     Sending her a message, I saw that she read it before I turned and saw her at my side in a magenta shirt. "I know you don't wanna talk to him, but he's here and you might as well congratulate him!" She said as we walked away to another room. 

       "I will. When I want," I said. Cara grabbed my leather jacket that I had an addition to my outfit. 

       "Rocking leather now...I like," she said. 

       "Yeah, I guess so," I said. We stopped in the kitchen at the island. 

       "Will you quit being so down?" She asked me as I turned to face her now. "Look, I talked to him and he told me the reason why he didn't answer you is cause his phone died."