forty-five

{Danielle's POV} 

{Danielle's POV} 

     My bedroom door opened and there stood Luke. Finally, he was back. I looked up from my phone and he just stared at me. 

      "I had a feeling you'd still be in bed," he said, laughing at me. 

       "In my defense, I did take a shower. And, you also took forever so!" I said. Luke walked to my bed and sat down next to me. 

       "Well thank God I brought home lunch. I was starving  and had a feeling you wouldn't be out of bed. So let's go." I uncovered myself and walked with him to the kitchen. He had a green bag on the island that said Quibios on it. Wow, I haven't had them in a long time. 

       He grabbed the bag and walked to the dining room table and started setting out the food. "At least you changed," he said. 

       "I actually brought some things to shower, if you didn't mind," he said. I shook my head at him as he passed me a full size quesadilla. 

       "No, I don't mind. Go ahead. Just don't go crazy with my soaps," I joked. Luke rolled his eyes at me as he set my bag of chips down. "How did you know what I'd want?" I asked him. 

       "We've been at at least five Mexican restaurants since we've been together. I think I've got it down. And besides, cheese quesadilla, you always love making those at home, so why not get you one from somewhere else," he said, making me smile. He set the back down somewhere else and sat down next to me as I was at the head of the table and started to unravel my food. "So, how are you feeling today? You feeling better?" 

        "After a night like that, absolutely!" I joked. Luke nearly choked as he took a bite of his taco. I laughed. "No, but for real, all jokes aside I do feel better. It doesn't hurt anymore," I told him before taking a bite of my food. 

       "All you need is to around people to make you feel better and to take your mind off of it," Luke said. I nodded at him. "And that notebook, cause I think that helped you get everything out without really speaking it." I nodded again. 

       "That's why I called you. I knew you'd find some kind of way to get it off my mind during the day. And honestly, I don't know how you do it, but I'm glad you always do it. Something about your presence when I'm sad, makes me feel so much better," I admitted to him. 

         That's the only reason why he was the first person I called yesterday. He always knows how to keep my mind distracted when I'm distraught. I don't know how he does it's but he just always makes me feel better. 

       "I'm glad you did," he said, smiling at me. I smiled back at him before taking another bite of food. I set it down and go to the kitchen for drinks. Pulling out a soda for him and a water for me, I walked back into the dining room and passed him his drink. 

        "How was the meeting?" I asked him. 

        "It was good," he said. "They're giving us a tour bus to use during the Europe leg so we're not traveling the whole time in Europe my plane. Which, thank god. I can only take so much of a plane. I hate plane rides."