forty-nine

(Dani's POV)

It's been two weeks since I've lost my ring and I've honestly just been extremely exhausted. Physically, emotionally, and mentally. I've been anxious more than normal, my anxiety has hit me more than it should be,I can't keep my head in the right mindset, and I'm slow moving when dressing the boys. I was determined to fix it all today.

The boys had a huge performance tonight here in London at The O2 Arena, one of their biggest events yet. Everything had to be special for them and I didn't want to screw anything up. Luke has been itching for this day. He's been stressed, happy, excited, and overwhelmed all in one. That's a sight I've never seen, let alone from him.

We were in the dressing rooms after soundcheck and I was working on Ashton's belt, trying to make it fit right. As I turned Ashton by the waist, I started to feel lightheaded. I shook my head, trying to shake it off, but Ashton noticed too soon.

"Are you alright?" He asked me.

"Yeah , yeah," I assured him. "Just got lightheaded. I'm fine."

"It's probably because you're leaned over. Do you need to take a seat?" I stopped working on Ashton's belt as the wave of dizziness hit me again.

"Yeah, actually," I said. Ashton quickly stepped away and grabbed a rolling chair that was behind him. He had me take a seat and drink some of his water. Once I was fine, I went back to his belt, still not liking how it hugged his stomach.

"Will this matter anyway?" I asked. "You typically take your shirt off mid show."

"Yeah, I probably won't need this. I'll just throw a muscle tank on." I removed the belt and Ashton ripped his shirt off, placing it back on the hanger before going along to his clothing rack, finding a shirt to switch to. The door behind me opened and Alexa had walked in with Calum and Luke. Lex was about to work on Calum's clothes and I had Luke next.

Luke came up behind me, placing his gentle hand on my shoulder. I hadn't seen much of Luke since we've gotten work today and all I wanted to do was just be held in his arms.

"Hey, baby," he said. I turned around as Luke made his way down to my dace, placing a gentle peck on my lips.

"Hey."

"Why are you in a chair?" Luke questioned, knowing this isn't my normal working position.

"I got lightheaded from bending over so I took a seat."

"Are you okay?" Luke asked, concern rising a bit. I nodded my head.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm all good. Just needed a small break."

"How's this?" I turned my attention back to Ashton as he had a black muscle tank that was more skin tight than I thought.

"Nah, go back to the button up. Too skin tight," I said. He ripped off the tank and handed it to me and the hanger so I could place it back on the rack. Ashton put his white shirt sleeve button up on and came to me as I began to tuck it in.

After finishing him, he swapped places with Luke. Luke room a seat and I stood up for I could do his hair. It was honestly my favorite part because I loved playing with it. Luke's hair was always so soft and something about the small curls made it so fun.

Once I was done fantasizing and playing with Luke's hair, he told me he wanted a bit of eyeshadow, so I answered his request. "Where did this come from?" I asked him since this is the fifth time he's had me put eyeshadow on him.