twenty-three

"Come on. Come to the arena with us. It's not gonna be the same without you being there!" Calum begged. He was trying to get me to go with the team to go with them to see the arena they were playing on Friday. But I honestly don't wanna go because I know I'll have to be face to face with Luke. And probably hand in hand too. 

       "You've been doing a pretty good job for the last two years you were touring," I said, underneath the blanket I was hiding under. 

       I was too upset to even go anywhere. I'm just emotionally drained. "Okay, maybe that was a bad choice of words," he admitted. I agreed with him. "Come on! I know you don't want to be anywhere near Luke right now. But you're gonna be there anyways on Friday. Might as well see what you're gonna be walking around!" 

       Calum does make a good point with that. I throw my blanket off my head, changing my mind. "Is Robyn going?" I asked him. 

       "No...?" He said.

       "Alright, I'll go," I said. 

       "What do you have against Robyn?" He asked me as I rolled off the bed to my suitcase. Going in it to change into a different shirt. 

        "Long story," I said rummaging. 

        "I've got time!" He said. I rolled my eyes to that. I remember when Luke said that to me when we ran into each other again. Ugh! 

       "Trust me. This is worse than the Luke argument." 

       "Hey, we're in this together, Dani. Whether you like it or not!" Cal reminded me. He has another point there too. Rolling my eyes, I stood up as I had my shirt in my hand. 

        "Fine," I said, standing up. "But..." I jester him to turn around with my finger and he did, looking away from the mirror. 

        "So, what happened?" 

        I took off my sweatshirt before switching it out with the new shirt. "Robyn just really pissed me off" I said fixing the sleeves. "She blamed me for Luke making out with that girl at the bar."

       "What?!" He asked confused. "That's crazy!" 

       "I know!" 

       "Why did she blame you though? That wasn't your fault!" 

        "That's what I'm saying! But she said if I would have been there, he wouldn't have been making out with that girl- you can turn around now," I informed him as I got my shirt on. 

       Calum turned back around to face me. "Okay, I get that. And it makes sense. But that's ridiculous. He was drunk. He probably would have done it even if you were there!" I shrugged at that statement, thinking it was probably true. 

       "Probably," I muttered, agreeing with him. 

        "Or it would have been you," he said. I looked at him and titled my head, shaking it at the same time. 

        "No," I said. I walked to my duffle back and pulled out a pair of heels. 

        "It's not like you wouldn't have enjoyed it," Calum poked on. 

        "Shut up!" I warned him, looking back at him. Calum threw his hands up in defense. "I just don't want to see her and I really don't wanna see Luke." 

       "Then just stay by me. You won't have to go anywhere with Luke," Calum suggested. 

       "If there are cameras around, we'll have to be next to each other and holding hands!" I reminded him.