thirty-nine

A/N: For those who know what Live Performance I'm going to be writing about, I know they performed this when their album JUST came out. But I am going to play this off as if the album came out already and it's a gig they have for part of their tour. It'll work out just bare with me ahaha!

 It'll work out just bare with me ahaha!

~°~

~°~

(Dani's POV)

     It's been almost a week and Luke and I seemed to have been back to our old ways: talking to each other only when needed. And what makes it worse is we're working today. 

      The band had to fly out to New York for a live performance that Apple Music was allowing them to put on for their Live Meet You There Tour, 'On The Record'. Devin gave me two extra passes for me to bring Cara and Jay. I was going to bring Alexa, but Alexa stayed back to do that last final touches on my Saree that was just nearly done. I only had the stones to sew on and she volunteered to do that. 

      We were backstage with the band as they were doing their pre-performance circle. I lifted my foot onto a chair next to me and rolled up the bottom of my pants for what seemed to have been the ninth time today and it was just barely passed noon. When I was done with that, Devin lead Cara, Jay, and I out of the backstage area to the front where we were going to be standing to watch the performance. We had a straight away look right down the aisle where the boys were going to be at. 

        "So, you guys still aren't talking?" Cara asked me, as she pulled down the side of her small black crop top. 

         "More like I'm not talking to him," I said. 

         "So, your just being stubborn," Jay commented to my left. I turned and looked at him as I slowly folded my arms over my chest. 

         "I wouldn't exactly say I'm being stubborn. My reason to be upset is reasonable," I reminded the both of them. 

          "Yeah, it is reasonable, but don't you think you be overthinking this?" Jay asked me. 

         "He's right, I mean, Lord only knows what would have happened if he didn't sign that for the sake of you. You probably would have lost the opportunity. You'd be mad if he did, and you'd be mad if he didn't. Ever think of that?" Cara and Jay were both right. It's only unfortunate though. Yeah, I'm still upset with the fact Luke signed the contract to do this photoshoot with me and I'm not exactly the happiest about the decision in the first place. But I just wish that this one big thing that I got for me wasn't going to be dealing with the both of us. It's just not fair to me. You don't see me on the stage with the boys performing next to Luke. The hard thing that I have to keep reminding myself and it only makes me more upset is that I know he did this for me. And Luke isn't wrong: I would do the same for him.