Idols in your heart

I Corinthians 10:14 ," Therefore, my beloved, flee from idolatry."

I John 5:21 ," Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen."

Jonah 2:8 ,"Those who regard worthless idols Forsake their own Mercy."

Leviticus 19:4 ," Do not turn to idols, nor make for yourselves molded gods: I am the Lord your God."

Galatians 4:8 ," But then, indeed, when you did not know God, you served those which by nature are not gods."

Exodus 20:3‭-‬6 ,"You shall have no other gods before Me. "You shall not make for yourself a carved image-any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments."

Reason you can't worship God it's because there is somebody else other then god on the throne of your heart.

This is all I'm trying to say is that, many of us have idols and i know many Christian still have place other idols in their heart.

Idol is very simple word. Its like anything that takes the place of god.

So anything that is sitting on the throne of your heart and giving directions to your life other than god is an idol.

Sports, money, success, celebrities, worries, t.v. , mobile, gaming all are idols.

God say "if you don't put me back in my rightful place, you will not live life that i have intended for you to live"

Insted of complaining, use your time in prayer and you will see changes and you will also have less to complain.

Guys, god has plan for you. He has set a purpose for you. Focus on him, even if it's difficult.

He knows that it will be difficult for you to take out that idol and place him fully on throne, so ask him, pray to him and he will surely answer you.

Happy palm Sunday 🌴🐑