Angels

Angel - in Greek it is call Angelos (ἄγγελος) and in Hebrew it is called mal'akh ( מַלְאָךְ‎ ) means messenger.

- they carries god's message from heaven to earth and sometimes they act according to god's commends.

- Angels are represented throughout Bible as spritual being intermediate between god and human - psalm 8:4-5

- Angels are created being based on - psalms 148:2-5 and Colossians 1:16.

- Angels are very powerful they are called “mighty ones who do his word” (Psalm 103:20), “powers” (see Ephesians 1:21), and “dominions” and “authorities” (Colossians 1:16). They are certainly “greater in might and power” than humans (2 Peter 2:11, see also Matthew 28:2). Angels use their power to battle against Satan’s demonic forces (Daniel 10:13, Revelation 12:7–8, 20:1–3).

Let us know more about Angles

1) God created angels

- In the second chapter of the Bible, we are told that God created the heavens and the earth, and everything in them. The Bible indicates that angels were created at the same time the earth was formed, even before human life was created.Thus the heavens and the earth, and all the host of them, were finished. (Genesis 2:1, NKJV)

- For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. (Colossians 1:16, NIV)

2) There are 4 types of angels in bible:

Cherubim
- Cherubim are mentioned in several places throughout Scripture:

- They guarded the entrance to the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:24).

- God is enthroned above them (Ezekiel 10:1-22).
God rides on them (Psalm 18:10)

- Two golden figures of cherubim sit above the Ark of the Covenant, where God promised to dwell among his people (Exodus 25:22, see also verses 18-21).

Seraphim
- Another type of angel, the seraphim, are only mentioned once in the Bible. They appear in Isaiah 6:2-7, where they continually worship the Lord and say, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory" (Isaiah 6:3).

Living creatures
- Ezekiel and Revelation speak of other kinds of heavenly beings known as "living creatures" around God's throne (Ezekiel 1:5-14, Revelation 4:6-8). They appeared like a lion, an ox, a man, and an eagle, representing various parts of God's creation (wild beasts, domesticated animals, human beings, and birds). They, too, worship God continually: "Day and night they never cease to sing, 'Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!'" (Revelation 4:8)

Ezekiel saw wheel like
- Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. When the creatures moved, they also moved; when the creatures stood still, they also stood still; and when the creatures rose from the ground, the wheels rose along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels." Ezekiel 1:20-21

3) Angles have hierarchy

- Angels in the Bible appear to have a rank and order. The angel hierarchy is supported by Jude 9, when the angel Michael is called an "archangel"-a title that indicates rule or authority over other angels. He's also called "one of the chief princes" in Daniel 10:13, and appears to lead God's angelic army in Revelation 12: "Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, but they were defeated" (Revelation 12:7-8). Paul also tells us that the Lord will return from heaven "with the archangel's call" (1 Thessalonians 4:16). Scripture doesn't tell us if this refers to Michael, or if there are other archangels as well.