Commendments

I heard many people discussing about the commendments and sometimes question arises that weather they should follow commendments of old testament or new testament.

Well, the answer is both.... Since both, old and new testament commendments are link with each other.

Let's see .....

New testament -
" You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind." This is the greatest and first commandment.

Now let's look at first 4 commandments of old testament -

1) " You shall have no other gods before Me."

2) " You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain."

3) " You shall make no idols."

4) " Keep the Sabbath day holy."

- Here, first four commandments are to glorify the lord almighty and to obey his laws.

And.....

New testament-
And a second is like it: " You shall love your neighbor as yourself."

Now let's look at last 6 commandments of old testament -

5) " Honor your father and your mother."

6) " You shall not murder."

7) " You shall not commit adultery."

8) " You shall not steal."

9) " You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor."

10) " You shall not covet."

- As you can see that second commendment of new testament directly indicate the love for each other as we can see in 6 commandments of old testament.

- So, there is no differences between old testament and new testament commandments.

- All We have to do is to obey god and his laws.