Fast and prayer

How often do we fast ?
How to do fast ?
How can we glorify God by fasting ?
What is meaning of fast ?
Is there any importance of fasting ?

Well .....like there many of us have questions regarding fasting.

Fasting is important in our spritual life just as we do prayer, Bible reading and worship.

Bible does not indicate about doing fast. But there is surely discription of fasting done many peoples including Jesus Christ himself.

Prayer and fasting is done by faith and faith required action. This action is fast and pray.

Prayer - it's a chip to remove spritual barriers.
Fasting - add more strength to the strike.

When we are fasting, it's a strengthen us in the natural realm.

Matthew 6:16‭-‬18, "And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

Meaning

The dicipline of abstaining from food (or something desires) for a given period of time in order to devote one's self more to prayer and the word of god

- David diga Hernandez

Purpose of fasting

- To develop your spritual life.
- To glorify God.
- To ask something from Father lord.
- To increase in your faith and believe
- To learn dicipline of flesh
- To reply upon god's grace and power of his words.

- There are several other reasons (like gifting, healing, holy spirit fruits.....)
- Sometimes God also lead us for fasting.

How to fast

- Privately - not to let people know that you are fasting
- Fast in faith - do before God and others
- Done Spritually - fast without prayer and word of god is just a diet.

Type of fasting

1) Food fast
- Matthew 4:2," And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry."
- devil didn't tempted Jesus with water, because Jesus was fasting food.

2) Food and water
- Esther 4:16, "Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish."

- Ezra 10:6," Then Ezra withdrew from before the house of God and went to the chamber of Jehohanan the son of Eliashib, where he spent the night, neither eating bread nor drinking water, for he was mourning over the faithlessness of the exiles."

3) Dietary fast
- Daniel 10:3," I ate no delicacies, no meat or wine entered my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, for the full three weeks."

4) Abstaining fast
- 1 Corinthians 7:5," Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

- Example : to give up tv, mobile, hobby, social media or any favourite earthly things and replace it with the time of Spritual devotion.

How long should we fast ?

- Start with short period
- Use wisdome
- You must be healthy and in under control
- You can also consult doctor.

Length of fasting

1) Partial day (fast until evening)
- Judges 20:26," Then all the people of Israel, the whole army, went up and came to Bethel and wept. They sat there before the Lord and fasted that day until evening, and offered burnt offerings and peace offerings before the Lord."

2) one day fast (all day fasting)
- 2 Samuel 1:12," And they mourned and wept and fasted until evening for Saul and for Jonathan his son and for the people of the Lord and for the house of Israel, because they had fallen by the sword."

3) three day (3 days or nights)
- Esther 4:16, "Go, gather all the Jews to be found in Susa, and hold a fast on my behalf, and do not eat or drink for three days, night or day. I and my young women will also fast as you do. Then I will go to the king, though it is against the law, and if I perish, I perish."

4) one week (fast for 7 days)
- 1 Samuel 31:13," And they took their bones and buried them under the tamarisk tree in Jabesh and fasted seven days."

5) 21 days fast (3 weeks)
- Daniel 10:3," I ate no delicacies, no meat or wine entered my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, for the full three weeks."

6) 4o days fast (40 days and night)
- Matthew 4:2," And after fasting forty days and forty nights, he was hungry."

7) supernaturally sustained fast (lead by God)
- Exodus 34:28," So he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights. He neither ate bread nor drank water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant, the Ten Commandments."

"