Chapter 6: The Demus Special

Guyssss I wanted to say thank youuuu for the 200 reads!! This little shit has been around for almost a month now and it's doing pretty well, so thank y'all!!

The living room was significantly bigger than the entrance. The room was long, at the end of it there where these big glass windows which lead to the back yard. Logan could see some swings out there. The walls were very tall and not painted so you could see the bricks, giving the room a cozy atmosphere. There was an old fireplace with the fire lit, illuminating the room with it's light, altho most of the lighting up job was made by the light bulbs up in the ceiling. Multiple oil paintings were plastered on the walls, some bigger than others. Even if a few showed landscapes, most of them represented people in them.

A few catched Logan's eye. There was one of Janus and another man. Janus had his hair up in a complicated bun and he was wearing a suit, clothing a few centuries old. Logan didn't know anything about clothing history; therefore it was hard to locate the painting in time. A noticeable thing was that Janus only had one scar in this painting, the one that crossed his right cheek. His two eyes were intact there, showing how beautiful they had been at a time, both of them sky blue. Next to him, there was a person Logan didn't recognize. They had short, light brown hair, and looked like they were in their early thirties. They had a mustache, but were also wearing makeup, and had a long green dress with many layers dress. A few scars traced through their face, one down their left eye, another through their nose. Upon a close inspection, Logan noticed they were also missing a finger.

(artistic representation of the painting just descrived because these are my comfrot gays)

The other painting that caught his attention was the one of Janus and a kid. In this one, Janus looked just as he did right now, all the scars present. He was holding a kid that couldn't be older than seven. The child resembled Emile, they both had the same nose, mouth and face structure, altho the kid had bigger eyes, and his skin was somewhat lighter than Emile's. Their hair was short but curly. The kid was smiling widely, a few of their teeth missing. This was probably Patton.

Now to the people who were actually in the room-

Virgil was sitting sideways on one of the black couches, his phone out once again. Meanwhile, Janus was standing. He was wearing a black capelet now and was holding a thin, wooden stick. Behind him there was an easel with many sheets stacked on it, first one reading "How to be a vampire" in big bold black letters. Under that, in smaller letters, it said "All you need to fit in"

"Take a seat!" Janus commanded, pointing to the empty couch with his wooden stick, "Pay attention and take notes, there'll be a test at the end!"

Logan hesitantly sat down, noticing a small notebook and pencil next to him. He picked them up and looked up at Janus, who was grinning widely, just as he did every time he was about to start in one of his rants.