Chapter 46: I wanted to make V's contact be "Sassy Catboy" but couldn't >:(

4,8k, tomorrow the aniversary, and the day after tomorrow is the day we actually CELEBRATING teh 6 month aniversary cause it's halloween AND my own 3 month aniversary with a special someone so might as well celebrate it all togetehr with 1 big blast of hell (/pos)

TW: just some random talk about some /neg shit idk man it's late af when i'm editing this i'm too tired for this bs

When Logan got to work that night, it was easy to see something was up. Or at least, it seemed easy for Roman to figure out, as prince asked Logan if he was alright the second the two saw each other. Logan promised crown that he himself was fine, and that they would have to wait for later to talk as he needed to prepare things for tonight's show. Roman let him space as ey went to get ready too

The second the performance was over, Roman was already worrying over cloud's boyfriend once more.

"So what happened? It has to do with the vamps, right? Did something happen to Janus?" They asked, meeting up with Logan in their usual spot when heading to the door.

"It's- its all very confusing, I'm not completely sure what happened," Logan admitted, "I'll tell you on our way to your place, k?"

"Well, we're technically on our way already as we're going out and then going there directly, so there's no real reason to wait and you can tell me about it right now," Roman argued, which made a soft chuckle escape Logan's lip.

"That's a valid point... Let's see- As I told you, I'm teaching Patton some things just as math or and science, things that the others don't know much about. Remus uses the opportunity to learn as well. Unfortunately, we didn't get much work done yesterday, as we were all distracted by Virgil, who was getting tested for his doctorate-"

"Oh yeah, you mentioned that! How did he do?"

"He wishes to be called Dr Fox now so... yeah, he did well"

"Eyyyyy, good for him!"

"Indeed. The thing is, he told us by phone, calling Janus to give us the news. It wasn't clear if he had also told Emile by text, which was unlikely considering Virgil's nature, so we decided to go downstairs to tell him for him. The thing is, Emile was at the door, just having found out about this guy who had come looking for help. I think he's called Augustus? I'm not sure-"

"Oh? Did he know Janus or something?"

"Well- not exactly? Technically? I'm not sure if they knew each other for real before or what... but they didn't know each other in the sense of being friends, just- were somewhat aware of each other's exitance?"

"I'm lost"

"Me too. So like- apparently, a while back vampire hunters used to be an issue, and so Janus offered his house as a safe space for vampires? I have no idea how it worked, its not like they explained in detail. Anyways- this Augustus guy wasn't being chased by vampires hunters, but he said that he had recently become a vampire, gotten kicked out and lost his job, so he was asking if this safehouse sorta deal was still on"

"Is that all?" Roman asked, "Doesn't seem that bad..."

"No, no, you see, here's where shit starts to get messy- First of all, there's the issue with Remus. He made Janus quit some of the more dangerous business he was involved in around 80 years ago. Part of this "dangerous business" included the safehouse deal, so he got mad at Janus for letting Augustus in-"

"Fuck- Did they fight?"

"Remus stormed off; Janus followed him to talk. I didn't spy on them, I was on Patton duty, keeping an eye on him. There's more lore to this though"