Chapter 3: Janus get punched in the face! :D!

ok but before we start thank y'all, we managed 100 reads already and I havent even posted chap 3 (aka, this bad boy) so thank u <3

Tw: blood, violence (read the tittle :/), mentions of scars, mentions of wars. i think that's mostly it, there aint anything big

Betrayal. That's what Logan felt the second those words left Janus's mouth. He had known Janus for how long, a year and a half? During all those months, he had considered the man as a friend, a good one in fact. Logan wasn't the one to have best friends nor people to share everything with, but Janus was close enough. He even thought he knew the guy. But he didn't know he was a vampire. Never had cared enough to notice. Not only had Janus been lying about that, but he was the reason now Logan was stuck with- with this!

"I have my reasons," Janus continued, altho Logan was barely paying attention anymore, "Your mind is too damn powerful to be wasted away and die in 60 or so years. Such a brain should be preserved for eternity, such talent could help earth on the toughest of times! You're not only smart, but kind and a good friend, and you know how to use computers! You even work with them! Do you have any idea how cool that is? You're too important to be human, you-"

Janus didn't get time to finish his sentence, as he was interrupted by Logan. Well, better said, he was interrupted by Logan's fist. Which hit Janus square in the face, throwing him back at a faster rate than Logan had thought possible, the strength of the blow much stronger than what Logan had been capable of in the past.

The vampire flew backwards. Thankfully, he was cached by Virgil. Janus hissed, taking his hands to his face. Just then, Logan noticed that his hands weren't gloved as they always were. It was the first time in a while (first time ever?) Logan saw those hands. His fingers were long and thin, just what you'd expect from him, as Janus was a rather skinny individual. But his nails... if he had to guess, Logan would've assumed they'd be white, not coated with nail polish. But not any nail polish, not even black one. It was colorful, each nail with a different pattern of many colors, messy lines and dots, no apparent order which dictated the design. It was certainly a shocking thing to see.

There was a string of red falling off Janus's nose. He brushed it off with his hand, staining it crimson as well.

"Ok, I deserved that, but FUCK that hurts!" Janus muttered, trying to get rid of the blood and failing in the process, smudging it around his face.

"I'll go get a wipe," Virgil set Janus down on the floor before exiting the room.

Logan looked down at his fist. How the hell had he done that? He wasn't strong- At least not that strong. Not strong enough to send another person flying across the room! What the hell!?

"It's because you're a vampire now," Janus spoke, yet again being seemly able to read his thoughts, "You get stronger now. You have faster regeneration as well and all that"

"That..." Logan looked down at his fist and then back up at Janus, "Is interesting..."

"Trust me-" Janus stood up from the floor. Virgil entered the room just then, offering Janus the wipes which he used to clean himself; the bleeding had stopped, "-you're gonna end up loving this. I do not make impulsive decisions, Logan. You're going to end up liking this."

That was something the man doubted but opted against arguing further. It felt useless anyways.

Finally, the panic and shock that came with waking up with all this situation was starting to dim. Of course it was still very present, Logan being on edge, but his brain was starting to keep up with the events, processing the things that it had missed out before due to the lack of relevance they had. Which meant that Logan now noticed how his shirt was completely un-buttoned. Still on, but he didn't remember getting that far down.