Chapter 18: That awkward moment when he hast the trauma

btw, we're almost at 1k reads and if we get there before the 30th (in 2 days) i'll be very happy because i started posting the 30th of april 2 months ago

TW: mentions of panic attack, mentions of bullying, mentions of abuse 'n all that (i'm tired sorry if i skipped-)

Virgil left Janus and Logan upstairs, being somewhat confused on what had happened. Janus had interrupted his very important study session to make him hypnotize Logan, who was hiding in the bathroom, obviously having a panic attack. The second that Logan was out, Janus demanded for Virgil to disappear, no explanations given. He said he'll explain once all of this was over.

After a bit, Virgil realized it'll be impossible to focus on his assignment, so he decided to go to the study. In theory, Patton and Remus were doing lessons with Logan, so it made sense they knew what had triggered this behavior. Unfortunately, they were also lost.

...

Before stepping back into the study, Janus requested Logan to stay outside while he "assessed the situation and told the others to chill". Or something along those lines. Logan was a bit too tired to care at this point. He just wanted to go home and take a nap.

Soon enough, Janus gestured him to come inside. Logan barely stepped into the room before he was pushed out again by a sudden force. This "sudden force" could also be referred to as Patton, who had thrown himself onto a hug attack. Logan tensed up significantly at the contact, breath hitching up, looking up at Janus. Meanwhile, his friend was rubbing the space between his eyes and muttering something under his breath.

"Sorry for hurting you Logan," The kid exclaimed, his face pressed against Logan's stomach, "It was an accident!"

"It- it'- it's, it's fine..." Logan muttered. Patton let go of him and ran back to the table, where Remus still sat, and came back with a piece of paper he offered Logan, "Wh- what's... what's this?"

"It's for you! As an apology. Even tho I'm not sure what happened, I'm sorry and this is for you"

Logan hesitated before taking the paper out of Patton's hands. It was a card. In the front you could read "Sorry" in big letters, underneath it said "lo siento", "pardon", and "paenitet". Logan knew the first one was Spanish but wasn't sure for the other two. Before he was given the chance to ask, Patton began talking once more.

"For the cover of the card I wrote "sorry" but in four different languages because putting only one sorry didn't feel enough and I don't know how many languages you speak and I wanted to make sure the messages was clear so I wrote it in Spanish, French and Latin just in case"

"Latin?" Logan asked, looking at the last word written. Patton nodded

"Uncle Remus taught me Latin and Spanish, while Uncle Janus has taught me French"

"Oh... I-"

"Open the card already!" Patton exclaimed. Logan tensed up some more but nodded, doing what he was told.

Inside there was a strange drawing. It was strange because of the style it was drawn with. The design itself was made with delicate black lines, it illustrated a very accurate drawing of Logan smiling. It wasn't entirely realistic, there was some stylization in the way the eyes and nose were drawn, but it was very impressive. The thing that clashed was the way it was colored. His hair was a very bright blue, while his skin was partly painted with pink highlighter, partly with orange, eyes painted fluorescent yellow.

"Uncle Remus and I did the drawing together," Patton said.

"Yeh, I bethink I'm at fault for summat of this mess, so I hath decided to collaborate with the apology gift," Remus added.