Chapter 19: Catboy Virgil makes an apeareance... again.

GUYSSSSS WE GOT TO 1K!!!!!! HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTT!! AND EXACTLY ON THE 2 MONTH ANIVERSARY OF ME POSTING THIS BOOOK!!!!

I love y'all so much

TW: mentions of panic attack, a lil pain to self, feelings of being trapped, not sleeping, mentions of bad mental health 

Logan began to stir awake, consciousness not yet arriving to his brain, altho he was no longer in the realm of the dreams. Not that he had had any. The vampire opened his eyes, and blinked, not being able to perceive any difference. The emotions that had been drowning him the night before hadn't completely faded, coming back in a wave of panic and claustrophobia. Where was he? What was he doing there? Why was it so dark? Why wasn't he at his home?

Feeling himself loosing grip on reality once more, Logan bit into his hand, which was rested to his side, hoping that the pain would force him out of his own head. His recently acquired fangs penetrated his skin, but he felt no taste of blood in his tongue. The pain still buzzed through his fingers, but it was barely as intense as it once had.

The tricked worked tho, stopping him from spiraling- well, stopping him from doing so in the same proportions that he had last night. The thoughts still raced through his mind, attempting to connect together into a thunderstorm but not causing much more damage than some evening fog.

Last night- oh god. What a night. It felt more like a nightmare than anything, a part of him hoping it'll be, but it had happened. What other reason was there for the vampire to be in this unfamiliar room right now? Even more surreal than his actual breakdown was how everyone else had take the whole situation. Exasperated sighs, yelling, pointing fingers at him, pretending as if nothing had ever occurred... that was what he expected. But it had been the exact opposite. To be fair, it was the first time he'd opened up about all of this since he'd told Janus, and that had been many months ago. That one had gone well. But all the others... Logan was just thankful that his friend had volunteered to explain it himself, letting the younger one distance himself a bit form the whole situation for a few seconds. If it had been the other way around, Logan suspected that he would've found himself in another similar situation than the one he'd just escaped.

His eyes started to adapt to the darkness, allowing Logan to become more aware of his surroundings. He hadn't had the chance to really get a look at them before. It wasn't too big of a surprise that there was an extra room for him, considering this place was practically a mansion (at least for Logan's standards).

Logan turned over in the bed and checked his phone, that sat in the beside table. He was momentarily blinded by the brightness, but after a bit his eyes got used to the light. It was 10 am. He had been sleeping for 11 hours.

The vampire groaned, rolling in bed a bit more before he finally got enough will to stand up a bit, stretching himself as he yawned. He was definitely not going to be able to fall asleep once more, but the man had never been a morning person and would rather stay in bed for a few more minutes... or hours. Still, he found himself putting on his glasses and going towards the door until something stopped him.

He was trapped. It was only 10 am. The sun wouldn't go down for another 8 hours. He was trapped inside the house until then, until 6pm. This was a very uncomfortable situation. Logan looked down at his wrinkled, dirty clothes. He hadn't had the opportunity to change, not bringing any extra pair of clothes since the thought of staying the night hadn't crossed his head. Also, he was in desperate need to take a shower. But he didn't know the house too well, he didn't know where the bathroom was, much less if he was allowed to use it.

Logan pulled his hair back, shutting his eyes close again to evaluate his options. The only reasonable idea that came to mind was to go look for someone else and improvise from there. There wasn't really much else to do, was there? Because he didn't plan on staying alone with his thoughts in that dark room. Nothing good could come out of that.