Chapter 14: The stars are gay and so am I

tw: mentions of bullying

"I'm so glad you agreed to come with me today! It seems like we never hang together anymore," Roman said, a smile on crown's face.

"We see each other practically every day, and the last time we officially went out together was only 3 weeks ago."

"Yeah, forever ago!" Roman insisted, making Logan chuckle slightly.

After Saturday's show, Roman insisted on going out with Logan on their free day as some sort of apology for the mess caused earlier that day. At least, Logan assumed it was an apology; why else would Roman want to spend time alone with him so out of the blue?

As usual, they met at the door of Roman's favorite café, at around 18:40. It was much later than what they tended to do, but it was necessary to avoid sunlight. Not that Roman was aware of this. As it always happened with their meetups, Logan arrived first and ordered their drinks for takeout, a caramel latte for Roman and a black coffee for himself. Once that was ready, all that was left was to wait for Roman, who most likely was already there, to make their way towards the park, where they had planned on sitting in their favorite bench, which would hopefully be empty. The two didn't even need to ask the plan, only the hour of the meeting and they both knew where to go and what to do.

Logan handed Roman their coffee when ey got there and they started to walk together in silence, the vampire admiring the beauty of his crush. Today Roman had taken the opportunity to do princes makeup following clouds flashy style. Golden eyeshadow with pinches of deep red for the crease, thick black eyeliner accompanied with a golden star bellow it, highlights that made their skin glow and garnet red lipstick. It was impossible to take your eyes off cloud, with such a confidence that radiated off eir that made crown seem as powerful as the sun itself.

Said confidence had been passed down to logan, who had convinced himself to wear an outfit much more casual than his typical one. Today he wore a dark blue shirt with patterns of the sun, moon and stars painted in gold, the first few buttons opened, making it easier to distinguish his tattoo. Along with this, he wore black jeans and dark boots, not tie today.

It felt strange to dress more casually, even if the change wasn't that big. Logan barely did it because he wanted to be taken seriously, and if there was anything he had learned is that serious people wear neckties, hence his usual wear. It isn't that Logan didn't enjoy wearing ties, the vampire found comfort in them, but it was nice to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while, which was easier with Roman around.

They arrived to the park. As expected, their bench was empty, as it tended to be. It was situated close to the fountain, but it wasn't one of the ones which were situated in a circle around it, the bench was on the left side of a path that lead to it, facing west. One time the pair had gone there to watch the sunset, it had been a wonderful experience. While Logan commented on the science behind the wonderful colors that formed themselves in the sky (due to the angle of the wavelengths of the light reacting with the atmosphere), Roman started an one hour plus ramble about the artistic value behind the process, the best ways to capture the sights with a camera, how to take the perfect shot, how the color theory influenced the sight and much more. As many other things about Roman, it was hypnotizing to hear em talk about their special interests, about art, photography, musicals, mythology and so much more.

In fact, that was part of the reason they met at the park, because the fountain had a statue of Neptune, God of the seas in Roman mythology, which tended to prompt a conversation regarding myths and legends, a theme which both nerds adored. They would end up spending hours at night together, discussing both Roman and Greek myths, re-telling old stories or narrating new myths they'd found.