Chapter 20: Happy 1 month vampiversary mfs

Things calmed down after the incident of Thursday, the other vampires left Logan some time for himself to relax. The next day there were no classes, so Logan took the day to himself to watch a history documentary and enjoy his alone time in peace, something he hadn't realized he was missing... perhaps because he didn't miss it that much. Still, being alone to recharge always felt good. 

There were no plans to do anything again on Saturday, but still, that same day the young vampire was called by Janus again little after getting home. Soon after he picked up, he realized that this wouldn't be a conversation solely between two people.

"Logan, dear, good to see you picked up," Janus's voice greeted him first

"Is the dork there?"

"Duh! If not, the phone wouldn't've stopped ringing, and Snake wouldn't've started speaking, ya dumbass. I've explained this already a few times Ree!" Alright, so Virgil was also there, along with Remus.

"Focus boys, we have to ask him if-"

"Hello Logan!" Patton's high-pitched voice exclaimed, cutting off whoever had been speaking earlier, "Can you hear us?"

"Good evening, Patton," Logan finally spoke, wondering what the occasion for this bizarre call was and internally praying for Janus to learn how to text, "And yes, I can hear you."

"Hi!!" The kid exclaimed, "So we called because we wanted to ask you something, you see, I want to go to the-"

"Wait up tadpole, we don't want to spoil the surprise just yet. Where's the dramatic suspense in that?"

"Sorry"

"Wait- surprise?" Logan questioned, "What surprise?"

"Well," Janus's started, his voice becoming slightly louder and clearer, "We're very near the end of November, do you know what that means? In just a pair of days, it'll be the third of December, aka, your 1st-month vampiric anniversary! And it falls on a Monday now less!"

Shit. He was right. It was a month. A whole month with it's 30 days. One month of this... of this... torture? No. Logan still hadn't decided what it was, but it was no longer torture. It was a torment. A month... it seemed so little but felt so long. How hadn't he noticed that this date was coming closer and closer every day that went by? Perhaps he wanted to forget.

"And we're going to the fair to celebrate!" Patton interrupted, his voice sounding much louder than before. Along with his intervention, there a grunt form Janus, "Sorry. I'm just so exited!"

"The fair?" Logan asked. What did that have to do with anything?

"Yes!" Virgil's voice came back again, "There's a new atraction they are opening on Monday, I have to be there!"

"We thought that since the dates aligned, maybe you'd like to come to enjoy this day," Emile chimed in

"Give me my phone back!" Janus hissed to whoever had his phone. After a second of silence, he spoke again, "Basically, Virgil is going to the fair on Monday, Patton and Emile want to go too, and it aligns with your 1-month vampiric anniversary, so we were wondering if you'd like to go, either as a celebration of you joining our group or a distraction form it if you aren't quite used to all of this yet and simply want to have a nice day."

"That's- em... a good question? Um- Why aren't you and Remus going tho?" Logan asked, "I mean- it was your idea for me to 'join the group', wasn't it?"

"Well..." Janus clicked his tongue; Logan could practically sense the sly smile present on his friend's face, "Remus and I have... other plans which include enjoying each other's company while the house is empty"