-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍-

AGAIN | 07

_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶

YOU OPENED YOUR EYES slowly and blinked, trying to get used to the light of the sun. You looked around confused, 'where am I?' You thought confused.

Someone bumped into you causing you to fall face first onto the ground. You groaned as someone began to apologize profusely, "Sorry there, kid." Said person continued. You turned your head to see the person who bumped into you, but no words came out of your mouth.

"Oh, please forgive my rudeness, Great Holy Knight!" The stranger said as he realize who you are while bowing down before you and offering you a hand which you took and got on your feet.

"What?" You asked still not fully comprehending where you were. One moment ago you were in the abandoned ship fighting some bots and then you found yourself here. Then your attention was caught by the fact that you are in armor and a sword strapped to your hip. 'Wait' you thought 'These clothes...'

You looked around, realizing where you are finally, "It can't be..." you paused trying to figure it out, "That crest..." you whispered in shock. Your heart was pounding loudly inside your chest, "Is this Danafor?" You questioned yourself quietly, not being able to believe your own eyes.

"Hey, I was looking for you, Y/n." A familiar voice called out. 'No, it can't be. That voice...' You slowly turned your head towards the source of the voice hoping that it isn't true, but your hopes were crushed when you saw her walking towards you with a goofy grin on her face.

'Lizzie...' you mumbled under your breath in despair, tears forming in the corners of your eyes as you tried to hold them back from falling.

She stopped in front of you, she placed both hands on your shoulders as she gave you an awkward smile, "Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." She laughed nervously.

You tried to find your voice, but you couldn't find any words that would come out of your mouth. You only nodded slightly and pulled away from Lizzie. She watched you suspiciously, noticing how you avoided eye contact.

She sighed softly and placed a hand on her hips, "Alright... Well, do you want to go get a drink or something? To cheer you up." She offered you a soft smile.

You looked up and stared deeply into Lizzie's bright blue orbs, trying to make sense of everything that just happened. The pain you felt was too much to bear, all of the memories were flooding back to you, but before anything else could happen, Lizzie grabbed your arm and dragged you along with her. "Come on, I'll buy!" She exclaimed happily. 

You followed her, not even caring that your hand was being held. As far as you were concerned, you had lost her years ago. You walked side by side, the only sound coming from the two of you. Every now and then you could hear her laugh or tell a story about herself to one another. 

It seemed like you had forgotten what it felt like to talk, to laugh, and feel alive again, until that very second. And yet, the feeling of loss never left you and never would, so you didn't notice how much time passed had already gone by.

After what felt like an eternity, you found yourself standing outside a bar. Your mind wandered off, thinking about all the times you spent with Lizzie, drinking in the comfort of each other's presence. It hurt, every time you closed your eyes you remembered what it meant to truly care about someone and not just a means to an end. You shook off the thoughts and focused again on the task ahead of you.