-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍-

AGAIN | 14

_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶

TWO MONTHS have passed since the last time that you were in that cell. In total, it had been 2 and a half weeks since the battle at the airport. Deciding to stay in Edinburgh, Scotland in the meantime.

Two and a half weeks in which you have spent a lot of it in Wanda's company, listening to her telling you stories about her childhood, and listening to her describe some of her favourite things from her past, including her love for cooking. 

Today, she took you to see a small bakery near the apartment you both were staying. It reminded you a little of the ones you used to visit back in New York. You remembered going there during your day-offs. And you also recalled Wanda explaining that she was fond of making brownies, so you bought several for the both of you. After the shop closed for the day, you left with her hand in hand and sat on a bench watching the sunset. 

It was peaceful, you noted, Wanda rested her head on your shoulder and sighs contentedly "...this is nice, isn't it?" she muttered quietly, glancing at you, a smile on her face.

"Yes, it is." you agreed smiling at her, "Anywhere with you, is always nice." you told her.

She blushed "Stop being so cheesy." she giggled and playfully hit your arm.

"Ahh, please, I've tried my best... Now, can you blame me?"

"Not really, no." she admitted "Well, maybe, a little..." She looked out of the corner of her eyes at you and smiled.

"I'm glad to know that I succeeded..." You grinned happily at her, leaning your head against hers, closing your eyes as a gentle breeze blew softly around you.

"...You know..." she mumbled after a while, "I saw you way long before I met you, back at the salvage yard."

"Really?" you responded, opening one eye to look at her, curious "How did that work out?" She smirked and nudged your side lightly with her elbow.

"Okay, okay..." You chuckled, letting her rest her head on your shoulder once more, "Tell me about it."

Wanda's words were quiet but audible enough for you to make out what she said "After we had agreed to join Ultron's side, I suddenly started feeling pain through my head... But it never went away, I guess I assumed that it was just a headache, but then it kept on getting worse, until it was completely impossible for me to ignore."

"That sounds awful..." you stated, your eyebrows furrowing together in concern.

"And the worser they got the clearer the visions I get. Until one day it stopped. Everything stopped." You blinked your eyes rapidly, feeling something starting to fill inside you.

"Did it happen recently?" you whispered.

She shook her head "Nope, nothing happened for months. Not since I met you..."

You sighed in relief.

"Why? What's wrong?" Wanda asked curiously, turning her head towards you to look at you questioningly.

"Nothing, don't worry... Just... Happy that everything worked out for the best." You smiled gently at her. She gave you a confused stare for a few seconds before slowly nodding in understanding, returning your smile.

Silence falls upon the two of you. A comfortable silence, one filled with smiles, small talks, giggles, and a bit of flirting. You hoped this peace would last forever.