-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍-

AGAIN | 10

_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶

YOU ALONG SIDE with Sam and Bucky  in a car, waiting for Steve to finish up talking to Sharon. The silence inside the car wasn't awkward or tense, but it was definitely not easy either, with Bucky looking at the back of Sam's head and occasionally turning his head to check if Steve was okay.

"Can you move your seat up?" He finally asked, breaking the silence.

 "No." Sam said without bothering to turn around. "I like where I am." 

Bucky rolled his eyes, leaning his shoulder against the door and crossing one leg over the other. "Just move it."

"Nope." Sam said again, shaking his head slightly.

You sigh deeply beside Bucky, turning on your phone and glancing down at the screen, deciding to text Wanda instead of getting involved. Your fingers hover over the keyboard as you debate what to type. You end up with: Hey, how are things going there? 

You let your thumb graze over your cheek for a second before hitting send, and you set your phone aside. You can see Bucky look over at you out of the corner of your eye, so you just raise an eyebrow, daring him to say anything.

He doesn't. Instead, he leans back in his seat and stares into the windshield, his arms crossed over his chest. You roll your eyes at him, but there's no malice behind them, only tiredness. You look over to find Steve and Sharon kiss for a few seconds before she pulls away, giving him a bright smile. 

Steve look over at the car with a wide smile, and saw you guys smiling at him. His face turns a bit red when he spots you giving him a thumbs up, and he quickly looks down at the ground, shaking his head.

YOU FOUR arrived at the airport parking structure B6 level. Steve parked the car near a van, and then you all got out. The people waiting in the van exited oce they see the group arrived, revealing Clint and Wanda.

Steve walked up towards Clint as you headed toward Wanda. She smiled when she noticed you, her eyes lighting up a little more. She wrapped her arm around you as you approached, her free hand going through your hair gently. You smile slightly and lean into her touch, taking in her familiar scent of vanilla.

"God, I missed you." You murmured softly to her ear. "How are you doing?"

"Better now that you're here." She reply honestly. 

You pull away, but keep your hands clasped together, letting your eyes roam over her face. "You didn't reply my text from earlier."

Wanda gave you an apologetic look. "Sorry, my phone died, and I didn't get your message until just now." She says honestly, squeezing your hands between hers.

"It's fine. It happens." You reply, shrugging your shoulders. "You're here now, that's all that matters." You add, squeezing your fingers lightly once again. You watch as Wanda smiles and lets go of your hand. 

You both turn around to see Steve and Clint talking. Steve looked up at Wanda, who nodded at him, and he smiled. "Thanks for having my back."

"It was time to get off my ass" She replied simply. 

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asks, turning to Clint.

"He's rarin' to go." Clint replies, walking to the side of the van and opening the door. "Had to put a little coffee in him... but he should be good."

The slam of the door startled Scott, awakening him. He sits up and glances around, confused for a minute, squinting his eyes. He gets out of the van slowly. "What time zone is this?"

Clint gives Scott a look. "Come on. Come on."

Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, Scott looks around, his gaze landing on Steve. He blinks a few times, before running up to him. "Captain America!"

"Mr. Lang." Steve greets back, shaking his hands.

Scott nods excitedly, grinning widely at the Captain. "It's an honour." Still shaking Steve's hands, "I'm shaking your hand too long." He adds, laughing, letting go of Steve's hand quickly. "This is awesome! Captain America..."

He looked back at Wanda. "Hey, I know you, too. You're great!" 

Wanda smiled in return.

Scott turned his attention to you next. "And you! Oh man, you were really cool. Can I shake your hand?" You nod, raising your right hand. Scott shook it vigorously before pulling back.

"Nice to meet you, Shrinking guy." You say, laughing a bit, as you shake his hand, too.

"Shrinking guy?" Scott repeats. "You already know my specialty?"

You chuckle. "Yes, we know. We have a lot of time to talk later, okay? But, first, we have an important... let's just call it a mission, yeah an important mission to do."

Scott nods, still smiling. "Right. Mission number one." He looked back at Steve, still astonish at everything. "You guys are really amazing." 

Scott continues, "Ah, look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so... thinks for thanking of me." fumbling over his words, he takes a deep breath. 

"Hey, man!" Looking over at Sam, who's watching the scene play out.

"What's up, Tic Tac?" Sam calls out to Scott.

"Uh, good to see you. Look, what happened last time when I-"

"When you easily took him out?" You cut him off, smiling.

Sam ignored your remark. "It was a great audition, but it'll..." Sam cuts himself off, laughing, shaking his head, "never happen again."

"They tell you what we're up against?" Steve asks him.

"Something about some psycho-assassins?"

"We're outside the law on this one. So if you come with us, you're a wanted man."

Scott nods, "Yeah, well, what else is new?"

"We should get moving." Bucky tells them.

"We got a chopper lined up." Clint adds. 

A man suddenly began speaking on a megaphone, announcing in German.

"They're evacuating the airport." Bucky informs everyone, understanding the words being said.

"Stark." Sam states. 

"Stark?" Scott repeats, confused. 

Steve nods and looks at all of you seriously. "Suit up."

[Not Edited]