-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄-

AGAIN | 01

_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶

IT'S BEEN TWO MONTHS since the Avengers decided to move to a new compound in Upstate New York. A lot happened ever since you all relocated to New York. During the time period, you've been getting along really well, especially with a certain redhead.

You have been spending quite a bit of time with her as of late. She seems to enjoy your company too. Not only that but also because you actually get along rather well considering you've spent most of your time training together with Sam and Steve during the day and fighting together at night. It's nice having someone to talk to while working out, as well as sparring with each other. But you've gotten closer to her than anyone else.

At first, she would always avoid everyone whenever she was around the rest of the team, considering the fact that her brother just died a couple of weeks ago in Sokovia. She was devastated by the loss of her twin brother and was struggling trying to cope with the situation on top of that. Even though you haven't gotten to know her very well yet, you knew that she needed a support system. Someone to be there for her.

One evening, you heard her sobbing uncontrollably in her room. You knocked at her door softly asking her if you could come in, and when she told you she was alright, you opened the door and entered the room silently. 

She was sitting on the bed with her knees hugged to her chest and her face buried in them as she cried hysterically. When you closed the door, you walked over to sit by the edge of the bed, placing one of your hands gently on her shoulder. She lifted her head slightly, looking at you with teary eyes. "Sorry." she whispered sadly, wiping away her tears. 

"Hey, it's okay." you said softly, giving her a reassuring smile. She nodded slowly, wiping her tears away with the sleeve of her shirt. "What's wrong?" you asked her. "Nothing." she answered quietly. 

"Wanna talk about it?"

"I don't want to trouble you."

 "It's nothing that I can't handle. I promise." 

She stayed silent for awhile, seemingly contemplating whether or not she wanted to say something. You waited patiently for her to begin speaking. "When my brother died, there were so many things that I wanted to scream out at the world. But no matter how much I wanted to shout, I couldn't. Because if I did I'll cry and show everybody that I'm weak. It would ruin me further." she said while staring intently at her lap, refusing to look at you. "So I kept quiet. I hid everything from people, from even myself." She laughed dryly, closing her eyes briefly. 

 "But I guess that made me more of an idiot to think that nobody will notice since I'm new
around here..." she added, finally raising her tear filled gaze up towards you. "I guess I'm just scared that they all expect me to turn around and pretend nothing ever happened. Like everything was normal. Like there wasn't a hole right at the center of my heart when I lost him..." Tears streamed down her cheeks. She didn't care anymore about keeping them at bay, she allowed her emotions to take control over her mind.

"Oh Wanda..." You whispered compassionately, squeezing her shoulder, pulling her towards you and wrapping an arm around her waist comfortingly. You felt Wanda lean her body against yours, burying her head deep inside the crook of your neck, allowing herself to release her sorrows freely into your arms. 

She pulled back after a while, taking a shaky breath, sniffling as she wiped away the stray strands of hair that escaped her bun. You reached forward and brushed away some of her loose strands of hair behind her ear, tucking them behind her ear softly. "Thank you for listening to me."