-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄-

AGAIN | 03

_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶

THE HUM of the Benatar's engines fills the air as everyone straps into their seats. Natasha keeps a watchful eye on Wanda, her own emotions still raw from the conversation in Y/n's room. The weight of the upcoming mission presses down on them all, but there's a determination in the air, a collective resolve to set things right.

Wanda  sits in a contemplative silence, his eyes fixed on the shrinking Earth below.

"Okay, who here hasn't been to space?"

The Avengers exchange glances, a mixture of amusement and tension in their expressions. Natasha's gaze lingers on Wanda, who seems lost in her thoughts.

Rocket grins mischievously. "Great. You better not throw up on my ship. I just cleaned it."

"Approaching jump in 3... 2... 1!" Nebula pressed a series of buttons on the ship's console, and the Benatar's surroundings blurred as it jumps forward into a wormhole.

The transition is disorienting, a whirl of colors and lights as the Benatar hurtles through space. Natasha glances at Wanda, noting the subtle tension in her posture. The journey to undo the devastating events caused by Thanos is a perilous one, and each member of the team bears the weight of their own fears and uncertainties.

As the ship exits the wormhole, the vastness of space unfolds before them. The mission ahead is daunting, but there's no turning back. 

The ship slows down, and hovers in orbit of the planet 0259-S, also known as the Garden.

"I'll head down for recon." The others remain in the ship, their eyes focused on the viewscreen as Carol descends to the surface.

As Carol disappears from view, tension settles over the remaining Avengers. Natasha glances at Wanda, who is still lost in thought, her gaze distant.

"You okay?" Natasha asks, her voice a gentle inquiry.

Wanda sighs, her shoulders slumping. "I don't know, Nat. This is a lot to take in. I want Y/n back, but the uncertainty... it's overwhelming."

Natasha reaches over, placing a comforting hand on Wanda's shoulder. "This is gonna work... I know it will."

Carol reappears on the viewscreen, and the tension eases slightly. "No satellites, no ships, no armies, no ground defenses of any kind." she reports. "It's just him."

"And that's enough."

Natasha gives Wanda's shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Looks like we've got an opening. Let's get down there and do what we came to do."

--

Carol Danvers soars through the roof, crashing into Thanos and seizing his neck. Simultaneously, Bruce, erupts from the ground, clenching Thanos' Infinity Gauntlet arm in a vice-like grip with Rhodey holding the other. Thor arrives in a flurry, slicing off the Infinity Gauntlet with a swift motion.

Natasha, Wanda, and the rest of the Avengers descend to the surface, joining the rest. Amidst the chaos, Rocket approaches the detached Infinity Gauntlet, and kicks it over, revealing no stones attached to it.

Wanda's eyes widen in disbelief as she takes in the sight of the empty Infinity Gauntlet. The hope that had started to bloom within her begins to wither, replaced by a sense of dread. Natasha watches her closely, sensing the shift in Wanda's emotions.