-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓-

AGAIN | 08

_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶

ALL OF YOU except Bucky rode in a police cruiser that will take you to the JCTC headquarters. You sat silently beside Sam in the back seat of the cruiser and waited silently, all the while staring blankly straight ahead through the windshield. 

"You didn't say hi to me earlier." Sam mumbled beside you, breaking the silence. "I wouldn't know your here if we hadn't been apprehended." He added as a way of explanation.

You turned your head sideways to look at him. 

 "Hi." you muttered softly as you glanced over at him before turning your head back to stare ahead through the windshield once again.

Silence reigned for a few seconds.

Then Sam spoke again.  

"So, you like cats?" 

"Sam." Steve warned.

"What? I'm just trying to break the awkwardness." Sam protested. "Besides, The dude shows up dressed like a cat, and you're telling me you don't wanna know more?"

There was another long pause.

"Your suit... it's vibranium?" Steve finally asked, sounding curious.

T'challa looked over and met your eyes briefly before turning his attention forward again. His face still expressionless. 

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations." T'challa stated simply. "A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father... I also wear the mantle of king."

Looking over to Steve, "So, I ask you... as both warrior and king... how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?"

Steve clenched his jaw, obviously taken aback by T'challa's accusation but kept silent otherwise.

While all of this is happening, you just sat there quietly, looking through the windshield, completely blocking out whatever was going on around you. 

Your mind occupied, thinking about where the heck could Nex and Thana be. You know they're also against the Sokovia accords and you know for sure they'll want to take part in this... 

'Maybe... Steve didn't ask them for help?' you wondered in your mind.

But the thought quickly died, knowing that even if Steve didn't ask them for help, they'd still go and join the battle anyway.

Especially if it's about their freedom.

But then where are they?

Thinking about it you hadn't seen them at all since that meeting with Ross. Had something happened to them? 

You felt yourself becoming worried and slightly anxious.

It's not like them to just disappear without a word. You couldn't help the frown of concern growing on your face.

It was only a matter of time before Sam noticed the change in your mood. "Hey, you okay?"

You nodded, not really answering him. 

"Do you know whe-"

Suddenly, the car came to a stop and interrupted you, arriving at the JCTC headquarters. Steve exited the vehicle first, opening the door for the rest of you. Everyone filed out, looking to the right, seeing Bucky locked in a containment cell with his cybernetic arm and legs tightly fixed down.