-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗-

AGAIN | 06

_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶

"EVERYONE, on my position. We have incoming." Steve's voice echoed over the comm.

A rift tore open the sky, revealing an ebon-blue vortex that seemed to pulse with ominous energy. From within, Thanos emerged, the Mad Titan, his imposing figure clad in strong metal armor. His eyes blazed with malevolence as he descended, his very presence sending shivers through the air.

"Cap..." Bruce muttered tensely, "That's him."

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Steve responded firmly, keeping his gaze focused on the approaching threat, and his shield raised in anticipation.

Bruce reaches Thanos first, lunging forward fist-first, only for Thanos to use the space stone on him, rendering him immaterial until the Hulkbuster is half-buried in the stone of the cliff behind him, and freezes Bruce in place.

Steve was sent flying by purple energy before he even gets to strike a single blow. 

Not even a second later, T'challa leaps high and claws out but is easily grabbed by the throat and punched to the ground, his armor discharging violently.

Sam's bold assault followed, his Steyr pistols spitting fire as he opened fire towards the titan. Yet, the battle quickly turned against him as his wings faltered, and he tumbled from the sky, unable to sustain flight.

"Wanda. It's time." Vision states urgently.

"No."

"They can't stop him, Wanda, but we can. Look at me. You have the power to destroy the stone." He says, meeting her eyes with earnestness.

Breaking your gaze from the Mad Titan, you turn to face Wanda, taking her trembling hand in yours, giving it an encouraging squeeze. "Vision's right. Do it."

"Don't" Wanda says quietly, shaking her head, unable to meet your gaze.

"You must do it. Wanda, please. We. Are. Out of time." Vision insists.

"I can't"

You take her hands in yours. "Yes you can. You can. If he gets the stone, half the universe dies."

Wanda bites her lip. Tears start to pool in the corners of her eyes. "Y/n..." She begins to speak softly. "This isn't how it's supposed to happen." She chokes slightly.

"It's not fair, I know." You reply, smiling slightly as you stare into her wide, terrified eyes, "It shouldn't be you, but it is. And it's all right. It'll be fine." Your fingers tighten on hers, as you try desperately to convince yourself of your words.

You look behind and see Rhodey joins the fight, firing his guns at Thanos until he uses the gauntlet to crush his armor around him and toss him aside. You look back at Wanda with a determined expression. "Do it."

A tiny tear escapes from Wanda's eye as she closes her eyes and lets go of your hands. She extends a trembling hand and starts beaming her energy at the Mind Stone. "I'm sorry." She look at Vision pleadingly, and the synthezoid nods, understanding. 

You look behind again to see Groot stab his hands into the ground to wrap Thanos in cables of roots, which he breaks easily.

You turn again to look at Wanda, whose eyes already locked on you with such desperation, "No." She choke out between sobs. "No, Y/n, don't."

"Wanda..."

"No." Wanda shook her head, tears slipping past her eyelids, "No, no, no, no..." She cries. "