-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍-

AGAIN | 10

_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶_̶

STEPPING OUT OF THE SHOWER, you dry yourself off, you wrapped a towel around your waist, deciding to just wear sweatpants, before walking out of the bathroom. You were surprised to see Nat waiting there, only in robe, sitting in the bed. 

You walked over, wondering if she had been waiting for a long time. "Hey Nat, I didn't realize you were waiting." She looked at you, her eyes widening when she saw your bare chest. "Uh.. I would've joined you, but, uh, it didn't seem like the right time." She said awkwardly, not being able to look away from your naked body.

"They used up all the hot water." Your voice was quiet as you spoke. She nodded in agreement. "I should've joined you." She said while getting up from bed. You chuckled slightly at what she said before grabbing some clothes. After quickly changing into something less provocative, you turned around to face her who hadn't left the room yet.  

The two of you stared at each other for a moment until Nat broke the silence. "I'm sorry, it looks like I shouldn't have said that." She apologized, averting her eyes from yours. "It's okay, We just missed our window." You spoke, remembering your nightmare, which made you think about how much time has passed since then, realizing after all this time you still couldn't move on from Lizzie.

"Did we?" She asked in a low tone. 

"Earlier... I almost lost control again. I saw her again, in my nightmares. I let her die... I failed her... I-" The words escaped your lips, making you stop midsentence, before taking a deep breath. "I can never get her outta' my head... I can never stop thinking about her...., I don't know how I'll ever be able to move forward.. And I don't think I'd want to." You whispered, finally making eye contact with her again, hoping she understood what you meant by that.

Nat sighed. "I understand what you mean by not wanting to move forward anymore. But maybe you won't be able to move forward if you don't allow yourself to move on. Maybe you haven't moved on yet because you're afraid you will forget the woman you love more than anything. I know you loved Lizzie enough to give her all your time, all your heart and soul. Even though I'm sure she felt the same way, but I'm sure she doesn't want to hold you back from living your life without regrets. If you feel like you are forgetting her by moving on, then that's where you're going wrong." She explained to you, trying to help you see things clearly, even though she knew nothing about you and Lizzie.

"Maybe moving forward means you need to accept the feelings that are there and deal with them. But, most importantly, remember her and always be happy. It may hurt now, but eventually you will be happy no matter what. No matter who you love or whether you live or die, you will always remember the love you shared with Lizzie." The assassin finished her speech. 

You took everything in, processing everything she told you in your head, nodding along to every word. She was right... You couldn't keep dwelling in the past forever, if you really did love Lizzie as much as Nat says you do, then you have to learn to move on. She was your first love after all and you will always remember her, moving on doesn't mean you don't love her anymore, it's a process... But your still not ready.

After some time you finally spoke, "When did you become so wise? I swear you have gone beyond what you were before." Trying to ease the tension between you both, a smile appeared on your lips and Nat smiled back, relaxing a little bit. 

"Years of being alone and surviving on my own has taught me a lot of things... I guess it's part of why I ended up in an organization. So many people, all with different reasons, went through similar pain to mine... All of us learned something important from each other." She answered truthfully, looking at you, seeing that you were listening intently to what she was saying.