Chapter 8: Yosaku and Johnny

As we were having some peaceful time on the ship, Luffy began to work on a pirate flag. Amon was asleep on the deck while I drew the ocean on my notepad. I sighed heavily as I walked over to Amon and picked him up as Luffy began to yell.

''Alright! Our pirate flag is done!'', he said, ''Hahaha! I put a lot of thought into making our symbol!

''O-Our symbol...'', we mumbled.

''Calling him artistically challenged would be an understatement...'', said Usopp.

''No, this could be some sort of abstract art..'', thought Nami.

''A pirates flag should be a symbol of death but this flag is, well, I guess it's quite terrifying in a sense.'', said Zoro.

''Whaddya think?'', grinned Luffy.

''It looks stupid... and I don't feel like re designing it...'', I mumbled.

''Yes, you're beyond terrible, Luffy!'', said Usopp, ''Leave the drawing to me!''

Usopp then proceeded to draw out the pirate flag and it looked liked him. Zoro and Luffy smacked him on the head clearly mad at him for changing it. Eventually, he changed it to what Luffy originally wanted.

''Wow, that's perfect!'', said Nami.

''Yeah, not bad..'', I responded.

''It doesn't look even remotely like the other one.'', mentioned Zoro.

''That's great!'', said Luffy, ''Draw one on our sail too later!''

''Yeah well, I've honed my artistic talents by drawing on walls of people's homes for years. I'm quite the artist, you know!'', said Usopp.

''Why don't you help him, Tatsuo-nii?", asked Luffy.

''Fine..''

Once Usopp, Nami and I finished painting the symbol on the sail. I went sat next to Zoro on the pole with Amon on my left side and closed my eyes to rest for a while. A few minutes go buy and we were awoken by cannon fires. We turned to see Luffy with a canon.

''Hey, what're you doing all of a sudden!?'', shouted Zoro.

''I'm testing out our cannon!'', said Luffy, ''It's be a waste not to make good use of it! But I can't get it to fire well..''

''That's because you're stupid..'', I said.

''Hey!''

''Step aside, my amateur friend!'', said Usopp.

Usopp then took in charge of the cannon.

''Try aiming for that rock!'', said Luffy.

''Okay! Judging by the distance between here and the target, this should about do it..'', said Usopp.

Usopp shot the cannon at the rock and hit the rock. We were all quite impressed. I mean, Luffy is easily entertained so it was no surprised. Luffy then decided to make Usopp as his sniper of the ship as we all sat in the kitchen of the ship.

''Alright, I guess I can settle that for the time being.'', said Usopp, ''But if you ever chicken out from your duties, I'll take charge as the ship's captain.''

''Alright, fine.'', responded Luffy.

''I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon..'', I giggled.

I stood up to check up on Amon who was still outside. I closed the door and chuckled a bit at hearing the others yelling at Luffy after mentioning having a new crew member. I turned my attention to see two people had jumped onto the ship. Amon was awoken by them and started growling at them from the deck of the ship.