The Recovery

Tomiokas POV

"Do you remember anything at all?" Shinobou asked me. I stared at her, trying to remember something, anything at all. I shook my head.

"You were in a battle with Upper Moon 4. You were critically injured." She continued. I continue to think back, "upper moon 4..?" I layed for a moment after a thought, I tried sitting up quickly. I winced in pain as I forgotten that I was injured in my abdomen.
"Did you remember something?" Shinobou asked.

"The people in the cave? Are they okay? They didn't die?" I rushed with questions after remembering the dozens of people in that cave. She held my hand and calmed me down.

"Giyu, they're okay, you saved them. So please, for now just focus on yourself." Shinobou consoled me. I fully relax down and stared up to the ceiling.

"im glad they are, but" I said while turning to her again. "But what?" She asked.

"When do you think I can go back to work? I mean I know my injuries are bad but would it be anytime soon?" I answered.

"Well it's hard to tell, maybe by next week we'll get you up walking, but for now just relax and continue receiving medicines." She said.

"I should be walking next week? That's not good enough." I thought. "oh, thanks."

"Okay, I'm gonna get more of your medicines, I'll be right back." Shinobou said as she got up from her chair. I waited for her to leave and immediately tried to get up. "carefully, giyu." I slowly got up, using the rails on the bed to steady myself and soon I propped myself up.

"phew, okay, I just need to pull these down." I sighed. I put my hand under the railings and tried looking for the button, after a minute or so I found it and pull them down.

"Alright, I got this." I puffed out. I slowly started lifting my legs off the bed and onto the floor. I pulled myself closer to the wall to use as support and I got up.

"Finally, I knew I could do this, I don't have to wait till next week." I thought, I kept taking tiny steps around the room, my legs started to get wobbly,

"fuck, fuck, fuck." I dropped to the floor and someone came running through the door, I felt their arm go over my waist and lifted me up. I looked up to see who helped me and my eyes widen when I saw who it was.

"Maki? What're you doing here?" I asked as she helped me back to my bed.

"Well, I came on Sabito birthday like we planned and I was informed about your injuries. Why didn't the shortie tell me you woke up? I literally told her too." Maki said annoyed. "Right, Sabito birthday."

I stared at her with a blank stare. She stared at me back. "What?" She asked

"Who the hell is shortie?" I asked back. She returned my blank stare. "Yu, I'm talking about Kocho." "oh"

"You're still calling me Yu? I thought that was when we were kids, with Sabito." I asked again. She smiled and looked down.

"I'll try not to get to sentimental but I'll always call you that, I can't help but to and it reminds me of the good times at urokodaki's. Also, it's good to know only I can call you that." She chuckled. I gave her a sincere smile.

"That, those smiles of yours were the best part of my memories." She slightly blushed at her own comment.

"So, you dyed your hair black?" I asked. She fixed her hair, "So you finally noticed? Took you long enough." The door opened again and Shinobu walked in with a few different types of medicines.