Affected by his words

"I love you and I will only love you," He said with a smile. His fingers intertwined with hers. She began to smile and blush profusely. "Do you really?" She said with worry. His smile faded, "No, I don't." He said as he let go of her and walked away with someone else who waited for him.

"Wait! Where are you going?!" She cried out, he looked back at her. He watched as she became a mess due to his cruel words, all he could do was snicker and continue his path.

"How pathetic...you're a hypocrite." Ah, the word hypocrite hit hard. It constantly echoed around her. "Hypocrite" that was the word that crowded her thoughts.

--

--

Shinobu stirred in her sleep, she instantly opened her eyes that were full of tears. "Another dream..It's getting tiring." Her dreams consisted of Giyuu loving her and then leaving her with someone else. She imagined the other woman in her dream was Maki; due to them getting much closer.

She readied herself, It had been a week since their argument. As much as It pained her, she returned to her lab every morning and continued her studies. Every time she pointed the syringe down at her veins she would find herself hesitating. His words has affected her severely.

After getting her usual routine done, she went to her garden and sat down. She observed every little butterfly that flew joyfully, without any regret. "A beautiful blue little butterfly," she held out her finger and the butterfly relaxed on her. She smiled slightly at the word 'little butterfly' because it reminded her of Giyuu and Hers first night together.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a certain someone. "How are you doing?" Kanroji asked cheerfully. I smiled, "Great, and you?" she lied, she wasn't getting any better and was missing her man badly.

"Why are you here anyway? Don't you have any missions..with Tomioka?" It stung to call him by his last name. I mean due to their situation. "We have one..just we're waiting on his Tsugoku. She's getting just one last check-up and we're leaving. Giyuu is by the front door." She said, attempting to hint something.

"Is he now?" Shinobu said and continued to think, "Shino you couldn't hide it from him forever. He was bound to find out. Why don't you try to talk to him?" Kanroji said, obviously she wanted to see them together as the Love Pillar. But as her friend, she couldn't bear to see her friend struggle anymore.

"I cant." Her voice cracked, "Im this girl who is intelligent and knows everything...except I don't know what to do. I can't face him, every time I even think of him I remember everything he said and he's right. I am a hypocrite and I don't know what to say to him if the time came."

"Well...time to see what you can come up with on spot!" Kanroji said and instantly picked her small friend up, walking back into the estate. "MITSURI! PUT ME DOWN! WHAT-" Fighting her was pointless, her friend was clearly stronger.

"At this rate, You'll never get to talk to him. So now I have to force you..You need to be aware of what you're capable of, Shinobu." Kanroji stated, she said it so calmly it was unexpected.

"Do you really think so?" Shinobu said, she seemed relieved because of what her friend said. Kanroji placed her directly down the hall from Giyuu. "So what do I do?" She breathed in.

"I dunno. Be you?" Kanroji said, "Wait, wait you're the love hashira and you have no idea what to say? You should be fired." Shinobu joked, causing her to laugh more than she expected, but it felt good so she didn't stop.

Upon this, Giyuu noticed the two girls. He couldn't help but stare slightly before looking away. Shinobu fired herself up, "I'll just say hello and try to have a conversation!" She puffed and her friend cheered for her.

She began to walk towards him, but seeing his figure lean against the wall. Watching as his eyes wandered around the room, it made her nervous. Soon his wandering eyes landed on her. In her mind, it was full explosion mode, she instantly went to the nearest shelf and began organizing items from bottom to top, well that was until she couldn't reach.

Her friend stared from afar, shocked at the sudden movement. Giyuu was surprised at the sudden movement as well, she simply moved very stiffly. She continued her awkward organizing in silence--which was terrible by the way.

That was till something on the highest shelf that she couldn't reach fell off and was just about to fall on her. "Watch it, shorty. You wouldn't wanna get in the head now, would you?" Maki said, holding the small metal box over her.

Maki was a tall women, just slightly taller than Kanroji but shorter than Giyuu. It seems that she used her height to intimidate Shinobu at time--which they never worked.

"Thank you." Shinobu said stiffly. Maki groaned and walked over to Giyuu. Instantly becoming giggly and touching him all over. "Kanroji, I think we should get going, right Yu-chan?" He simply nodded and left.

Kanroji walked over to her friend, "Sorry about that...Maybe next time?" She said, and gave her friend a big hug, following the other two. "Next time?" Shinobu sighed.

She really had nothing to do--she had no mission and there was nothing new at all. It was boring, she felt useless. All because of the effect he had on her. Shinobu found herself locked in her room, tired. She was tired.

"Kanae, I wish you were still here. You would know how to help with stupid boy problems." She whispered, slowly falling back asleep.

"Shinobu I love you." The voice told her. She was tired of these dreams. She knew the outcome of every single one that played in her head.

She looked up, a sudden shock streamed on her face.  It wasn't the same dream of Giyuu. It was her sister.

"Kanae?" Shinobu whispered. Kanae let out a smile and hugged her little sister. "I see you've been having issues. How are you little sis?"

Shinobu sniffed, she missed her sisters soft tone and her kindness. "Bad. I messed it up...he doesn't love me anymore." She wailed.

"That's not true..." Kanae said, as she stroked her sisters hair. "He loves you dearly, he simply is just hurt. You need to give it some time. Eventually it'll be the same. Trust me." Her soothing voice calmed Shinobu's nerves.

"We don't have time...we have to find and fight the demon king...I'm gonna fight Uppermoon 2. There's no telling who will survive!" Shinobu freaked.

"I promise you. There will be time. Don't you trust your older sister?" Kanae said. "I must be on my way, but don't overthink it, Shinobu."

Shinobu opened her eyes. It was an odd dream. It was like Kanae WAS there. Shinobu didn't know how to explain her dream but she felt like she needed to listen to it.

"hm. It seems like I have no other choice but to wait." She hummed, she decided she was gonna relax instead of stressing over it. She decided that instead of crying over his words she would be determined to change and apologize.

IM SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT. MY PHONE HAD TO BE REPAIRED AND IT TOOK FOREVER!!

also I decided to focus this chapter on Shinobu :) mostly cus I feel like I'm always focused on Giyuu so it felt nice

Also this chapter is a bit more on the relatable side. I kinda wrote it based on my breakup 😞😞 (totally okay.)

I hope u guys enjoy this short chapter !!

Also I'd like to make a note by this time most of the events happened.

rengokus death, Tengen retiring, swordsmith and I'm thinking of just passing Hashira training and get straight to the infitnty castle.

Anyways have an amazing day/night!!