Still Into You

"WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! HE TOLD ME HE LOVED ME?!" Shinobu shouted while pacing back and forth. "Well, maybe first thing to do is not shout. Second, THAT'S AMAZING! HE'S STILL INTO YOU!" Mitsuri clasped her hands together.

A couple days had passed since Giyuu unconsciously declared his love. Giyuu recovered just fine,  and continued his normal schedule. Shinobu, However. She had not a single idea what to do with this information.

"Yeah..but he was unconscious. How do I return it? I can't just go up to him and say "I love you too, be my boyfriend and lets get down and dirty." Shinobu sighed as she sat down. "...Maybe too specific. But you can start by talking to him. You can bring him some treats or food." Mitsuri answered.

"Given how much mochi you've been giving him, treats seem out of the question." She joked, "IT'S CAUSE IM SORRY! I GOT HIM HURT!" Mitsuri buried her face in her hands. "But, I can start talking to him, I guess..It's not like there's much time anyway." Shinobu replied.

It's true. The Pillars had began to train intensely to prepare to fight the demon king and his pawns. Everyone knew but chose not to recognize it until the moment came. "So give it your best shot!" Mitsuri said cheerfully.

This motivated Shinobu. "Eh, Really? Do you think he knows?" She said as she began to get excited. "that's for you to find out, girl! Go get your man before we go on our mission tonight!" Her friend said.

Shinobu chuckled and ran out to find Giyuu. But she had to overcome a certain obstacle on her way. "Shinobu! Can we talk?" Sanemi said as he crossed her. "Oh! If its not too much, I guess so." She replied awkwardly.

"Well..as you know, Genya my brother..I heard he was in the infirmary. Is everything alright?" Sanemi asked, Shinobu chuckled. "My, My the cold and heartless lord shinazugawa is worried for a lower rank?" She teased while poking his shoulder. He puffed.

"I wont answer your question till you admit it." She said as she continued to poke him, he continued his huffing and puffing. "My, I wonder how genya must be after loosing a limb...he won't be able to fight anymore." He stopped, "WHAT?! WHAT HAPPENED!"

"Joking!" She grinned, He sighed and mumbled something that wasn't clear. "Hm? What was that?" He crossed his arms and looked away, "Im worried for him..is he fine?" His response was so quiet it was lucky Shinobu was near him.

"He is. Just some cuts and bruises! Aoi is tending him." She smiled in her victory of his confession. Sanemi's eyes began to trail behind her. "OI, TOMIOKA! WHAT'RE YOU STARING AT?" Sanemi yelled while rolling up his sleeves.

Giyuu was here? For how long! Sanemi began to stomp his way to him, "Sanemi! Stop!" She tried to drag him away by his arm. "What does he keep staring for!? You said you guys fought and now im gonna fight him!"

"No! We're fine! Please stop!" she said as they began getting closer to giyuu, who simply just walked away unbothered. "Tch, what a cunt."

"You gotta stop that! He wasn't doing anything wrong.." Shinobu sighed, that was her chance to get him before anything. "Maybe, he shouldn't stare at you in such a familiar way! And the way he looked at me made me angry!"

"He can stare at me however he likes! And he probably wasn't staring at you anyway!" Shinobu grunted. "He shouldn't even look at you! AND YES, HE WAS. IT'S LIKE HE WAS JEALOUS OR SOMETHING! HE WAS JUST GIVING THAT LOOK!"

"Jealous? Does me talking to sanemi make giyuu jealous?" Shinobu thought. She zoned out while hearing her companion rant. "IT'S LIKE HE'S IN LOVE WITH YOU OR SOMETHING! I CAN'T STAND THE WAY HE LOOKED AT YOU! ESPECIALLY WHEN IM HERE!"

This snapped her out, "What?" She muttered. "You heard me! He gazes at you every chance he gets. I cant allow any guy to fall in love with you while im alive. You're like a little sister, so im not taking any chances."

"weird but sweet. But You should because the way you would fawn over Kanae~ I let her all over you because you liked her!~" She teased. "GOODBYE!" He said as he ran so quick, he basically teleported.

"Now to find Giyuu.." She said, as she was gonna begin her search. "Hm?" Someone said behind her. She jumped. Speak of the devil, it was giyuu. "I--uh. When did you come out?!" She said, worrying if he heard the entire conversation just now. "now." He single handily replied.

"How are you now? what are you doing here at the butterfly estate?" She questioned. "I think my crow got lost, so I came to tell Kanroji that our mission was switched to leave today at 10." He said as he stared down at the short woman. Come to realize, he was close. Quite Close.

She didn't actually realize how close he was and it just felt natural. Her face got hot and she looked down, "ah, that's quite late, isn't it?" she said, continuing her head posture. "mhm."

It was awkward for about a minute or so, I mean somebody had to break the silence. "How come you're really friendly with Shinazugawa?" He asked in a nonchalant tone. It was so clear he wasn't trying not to react.

"Im friendly with everyone, including him." She smiled, "Of course, but you're most friendly towards him. Why is that?" He questioned. Shinobu understood what Sanemi meant now.

"Oh nothing..He just wanted to talk over lunch someday." She teased, waiting for his reaction.

"I can take you to get lunch and dessert." He said almost as if it were a competition. Something about Giyuu Tomioka is that he IS a very competitive man. Another thing, Giyuu gets what he wants.

"Mm, now why would you do that?~ I can't just cancel on Sanemi!" She smiled while poking his chest.

Giyuu was quiet. "Hm, Thought so!" She chuckled, "Because I'm still into you." He said so suddenly. Her laughter came to an end. Did she hear that correctly?

"Excuse me?—I" She stuttered. "Everything is moving quickly.."

He continued to gaze at her which made her flustered. Gosh why did he have this effect on her? "Well?" He said.

"Well what?" She replied, "Can I take you out to lunch instead of him?" He let out, his stare growing into a worried one.

"I told you when I was semi-conscious that I loved you and I meant it. I'm willing to pass on our mistakes so we can grow more into the future, Shinobu." Giyuu sighed out.

"I see." She breathed out, "If you are kind enough to forgive it then so am I. But I do want to take things slow if that's alright..? This is all just so surprising I wasn't expecting this from you I thought you were still upset at me."

"As slow as you'd like. As long as I can still see you and take you out without having such a tense aura each time." He chuckled, so out of character lately.

"However, I am due for my mission in a couple of hours. Can I see you the night I return?" He said, his desire to see her was immense.

She chuckled, "My, my already making plans for the future? I suppose I can't reject you now, can I?~" She said as she poked his cheek. "Go get ready for your mission. I'll see what I can do about seeing you."

With that, he happily walked away. Shinobu couldn't help but giggle on her way inside to spill everything to her best friend...and also to reschedule with Sanemi.

Short chapter tbh 😭😭

I really wanna start moving on from this story but I don't wanna rush it extremely. So if it ever feels like it's being rushed that's kinda particularly why. And I don't wanna essentially add a lot more to it either..

I already have a next story planned out but I need this one to finish before I can even post it..anyways next chapter will revolve Giyu and Mitsuris final mission!

As usual, having an amazing day/night!! :)