a meeting from hell

He let out a faint chuckle, "Sick old Ubuyashiki. You look pathetic."

"So you have finally come to me...Muzan Kibutsuji. Tell me, amane, what does he look like?" Ubuyashiki said.

"Like he's straight from hell, my love." She whispered.

—— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— —— ——

He took a spoonful of his breakfast, "Are you gonna tell anybody?" She took a sip from her coffee and looked at him.

"Perhaps, maybe Mitsuri. How about you?" She knew 100% that she was gonna spill every detail to her best friend, I mean how could she not?

"Geez, we're getting married and you think I have anybody to tell? How amusing." Giyuu sighed, "Have you decided what you wanted?"

"After the battle with Kibutsuji, I want a traditional Japanese wedding. I want everyone to be there!" She smiled, this was every girls dream and she was finally living it..sorta.

The mutual agreement was that they were to get married after the war, so they could be together in peace. The two peacefully enjoyed their breakfast, although one thing was bugging Shinobu. Her plan against upper moon 2, how could she possibly change that so her chances of survival were much higher?

She knew that she was destined to fight him, alone. It was her one and only chance of getting revenge for her dear elder sister. If she didn't survive, she would be leaving him alone, with the worst pain imaginable for him. She was destined to find another way out.

"Hey, I'll take my leave now, I'm gonna tell Mitsuri everything!" She said. It was a partial lie, yes she was going to tell Mitsuri everything, but she was also gonna ask her dear friend for help.

"Oh okay," He responded with his mouth full of food. "Take your time, I'll be training." She nodded and gave him a kiss on his cheek and headed out. She didn't want to overthink but she couldn't underestimate the plan.

"WHATTT? WAIT WAIT WHEN, WHAT, HOW, I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS!" Misturi shouted in excitement. Shinobu chuckled at her friends reaction.

"Maybe start with one question." Shinobu chuckled. Mitsuri nodded.

"Since when we you two together?" She asked, shaking from the excitement of her best friend getting married.

"Hm...maybe a year ago? It was the day we all went for drinks and I left with him." She smiled.

"wait..." Mitsuri sat there, looking at her friend. "YOU SLEPT WITH HIM FIRST??"

Shinobu nodded. "OH MY! YOU ARE-WOW!"

"But on the other hand. I have an issue." Shinobu sighed. "My plan for the battle. I can't die, Mitsuri. I have to live for him, for the future that awaits us. I don't know what to do anymore."

"Why don't you fight alongside with someone? Have a partner...maybe tell him..?" Mitsuri mumbled.

"I-I can't. I have to do this alone, I can't risk anyone else's life, especially not his. I'll just figure it out. I promise I will." She sighed.

Mitsuri grabbed her hand. "Whatever you choose, I'll support it."

Shinobu smiled, "Thank you." She paused. "Now...will you be my maid of honor?"

"WHATT! ME? LIKE ACTUALLY? ME, YOUR MAID OF HONOR? REALLY? OH YES, YES!" Mitsuri leaped into her friend's arms, catching her in a bear hug.

She had tears of joy streaming down her face. In this line of work, those aren't words you live to hear. "M-mitsuri! You're crushing me, dear." Shinobu gasped.