Liar

It was about evening when Giyuu and Shinobu arrived to the town. It was a quiet awkward walk as it could be, "Do we gather information or do you wanna rest out for the day?" Giyuu mumbled.

"Information." Shinobu said as her pace quickened, leaving him behind. He sighed and simply just went along.

They weren't given much detail about the demon so they had to rely on other people. "Excuse me!" Shinobu said walking up to a vendor. "Hello miss! What can I get you?" The young man asked.

"Apologies, I work for the police, I heard that there had been some sort of disappearances lately. Can you tell me anything about that?" She asked,

"Well, There isn't much I can tell you, but all I do know is that around 3 in the morning a new set of family is slaughtered. We aren't sure if it's a serial killer or some animal." He responded.

"There isn't any woods or forest nearby so it couldn't have been a rabid animal." Giyuu added on. "Yep, that's what I was thinking. Except the high and mighty folks wanna hide this like it's nothing."

"That's about all I can tell ya, except I do know there was a survivor in the second family. Nobody knows who it was, just a rumor going around." He continued.

"Ah It's fine, We'll go around looking for them, it's our job anyway, thank you sir!" Shinobu said, "You are very welcome miss! Also...if you do find her let us town folk know."

Giyuu nodded and they went on their way, they paced around the town a bit more till it grew darker. "Should we patrol?" Giyuu asked, Shinobu simply nodded and just stared ahead.

He grew irritated, he thought she was being childish and he had enough with it. "Oh come on, can you at least acknowledge I'm here?! You're the one who broke up with me so I don't get why you're moping around."

"If you're gonna complain at least clean up after yourself. It seems like you can't even get rid of a few lipstick stains! I get to mope if I want, you do it all the time why is it an issue now?" She shot back.

Giyuu could feel himself get hotter, has she ever made him this angry before? He doesn't recall, he was frustrated...very.

Giyuu simply grunted and walked away, "Where are you going now?" He heard in the background, "to patrol alone since you wanna act immature." Shinobu watched as he walked away, "Ugh, I hate that he's right! I need to control myself...focus on the missions and done."

She eventually caught up to him and they both went on their separate routes, agreeing to meet up at a nearby place to compare information. Giyuu jumped above the nearest roof and stayed there. Shinobu on the other hand patrolled on the ground.

"Did you hear that there's some cops running around looking for the survivor?" A mans voice came from an ally way.

"Yup, I wonder who told, if anything they might not even exist. It's a rumor they're chasing around, they just wasting their time." Another man said while shaking his head. Shinobu listening in wondered.

"How come the people don't believe there is someone out there? That just makes it seem like it isn't true?" She thought.

The man's tone then changed, "Hey, You know who's been weird lately?" The first man asked, the other turned his head to the side, signaling for him to answer. "Hiroshi the vendor. Wasn't he obsessed with that one girl...whats her name? Ah! Rika, wasn't he in love with her yet it's weird he's just so...euphoric?" The man let out a sigh.

"Man, Im gonna be honest with you..I think he killed her, and the other families." Shinobu was shocked, she decided to walk out this moment and interrogate the two men. "Excuse me, I think I'd like to hear your presumption." She announced. The men both turned their heads to her with an estranged look. "You're that cop that was talking with him? Ain't that your job." The guy chuckled.