Mount Natagumo

2nd Mission, Shinobu's POV

"Giyuu!! Hurry or we're gonna be late to see the master!" I said in a hurry, "Im coming, geez." He mumbled, "If we leave now we can make it 30 minutes early." I said and turned around to see him writing something down.

"What are you doing?" I asked with a strange look. "Im writing Maki a note that there's breakfast in the fridge." He said as he finished his signature. "Isn't she on a mission? She might not get here till tomorrow, y'know." He nodded and hung the note, "Let's go."

a little later

"Don't forget, in front of our co-workers I am Kocho and not Shinobu, and You, Tomioka." I reminded, He sighed heavily, "Why do we got over this every time we leave somewhere together? I'm not gonna slip up." 

"You did last time. You know how hard it was to convince Mitsuri that you were just joking around?" I said with sass. We arrived at the Masters estate and waited patiently. 

The door's opened and out came two small girls and a man, Me and Giyuu kneeled instantly, "We wish you great fortune, Oyakata-sama." Giyuu said. "Good day, my children. Please, lift your heads up and come inside." 

We got up slowly and made our way inside his estate, which was only lit by candles. "I have a mission for you two, on Mountain Natagumo. Although, It's a little different. Shinobu, You will be investigating the west side. Giyuu, you will be on the Northern side, it was reported there was a 12 kizuki in that area, I must ask, are you okay with that?" The master asked, I turned to look at Giyuu. 

He sat and looked down, he took a minute but looked back up and nodded, The master gave him a smile and continued. "It was reported there was a family of spiders, I've sent some young slayers but they haven't returned, are you two capable of slaying the family and helping these slayers in the process?" 

Me and Giyuu nodded, "You can trust me and Tomioka-san for this mission, Thank you, Master." I said and slightly bowed my head. "I knew I could, you two leave as soon as possible please and please go with careful, these demons now-a-days are getting uglier by the second." He responded.

"Of course, Oyakata-sama." Giyuu said and got up, "We send you our regards." and bowed. We sent our regards one last time and headed out. "We should leave now, It's far away and I want to get there as soon as possible." Giyuu said.

He appeared impatient and eager, "Giyuu, are you alright? You seem eager to get there." I asked as we walked back to his estate. He looked away for a second and mumbled, "No reason, I just wanna get the job done.."  

After a while we arrived at his estate, "Alright I'm gonna restock on a couple things while you fix up your poisons, and then we'll leave?" He said. I nodded and He left to his room. I began to fix my sheath by adding vile's of poison. "This is a new one..I can't wait to try this on a demon. It should erupt its vessel and die a painful death." I grinned to myself. I heard footsteps behind me and quickly wiped that grin off my face. "Were you talking to someone?" Giyuu asked. 

I shook my head, "Did you get what you needed?" I asked, and he nodded, "I even sharped my sword just a bit more. How about you?" I sheathed my sword, "freshly coated!" I cheered. He shook his head almost as if he were impressed, "Alrightt, let's get going!" I said and dragged him out. 

A little later

"its almost dark, we should be arriving on time, but we should be on guard, the master did mention a 12 Kizuki." Giyuu said, "I think I can handle myself, you on the other hand is what Im worried about, are you sure you'll be fine, cause you know I won't be with you." I worried.