I hate remembering here

Tomiokas POV

2 weeks later.

"So this is our last mission for the month, correct?" I asked Tengen and his wives.

"Unfortunately, I really liked working with you, it just added one more person to tell my stories for when I die!" Tengen shouted out in delight.

"yeah, add stories of how big your ego is." I mumbled.

"HUH? MY EGO? YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!" He exclaimed. "Right.., what's the new mission anyway?" I asked.

"Oh, it's a little village on the mountains, ever since it began snowing harder, more people began disappearing, specifically Young women." Hinatsuru answered.

"Thank you." I looked up at Tengen. "You're not gonna make me dress like a woman like last time, right?"

He laughed, "of course not! My wives will be playing the major part. We'll just have to stick together and be careful."

"Are you sure that's safe? I mean they cant kill the demon." I said. "I think we can handle ourselves, thank you for worrying Tomioka-San." Makio answered.

"Correct, they've trained enough and you gotta put that practice to use, besides it won't be too long, like I said, it's a little village." Tengen said

"How will we know when they've spotted the demon?" I asked again.

"Great question! Only thing I thought of was to follow my wives, of course it'd be suspicious if we were all mushed up together so Tomioka, For this weeks mission, You get to borrow one of my wives!" Tengen said excitedly.

"excuse me? Borrow your wife?" I said dismayed. "Yes, borrow, like I give you something and I expect for you to return it. So pick." Tengen said as he rolled his eyes.

I looked at the 3 women who were standing at his side, smiling eagerly. "I won't accidentally offend any of you? I don't want that to-"

"Don't worry Tomioka! You won't offended us, so don't be shy and go ahead to pick." Hinatsuru cut me off.

"Right.." I took a good look at the 3 of them and got even more shy. I looked away and mumbled. "makio."

"What was that?" Suma asked.

"makio." I whispered, more quietly this time.

"Dear, Speak up!" Hinatsuru comforted.

"ma-"

"OH FOR GOD FUCKING SAKE. MAKIO. HE SAID MAKIO." Tengen abruptly yelled.

"Me? I mean, sure why not." Makio chuckled. "Now that you've chosen one, the plan is, just act like an ordinary couple, walk around late at night and see if anything's up, I'll do the same."

I nodded, he came up closer to me. "And Tomioka, please keep her safe, I know she's strong but please protect her whenever you feel you need too." Tengen said in a serious tone.

"I promise I'll keep her safe Tengen, please dont worry about us."

"Alright, Time to get to that Village!" He shouted.

Hours later.

"This is it. Just stick to routine." Tengen said as we stood by the entrance. I stopped moving, I looked inside it wide opened. I felt my lip quiver.

"Is something wrong, Tomioka?" Makio asked and elbowed me. I broke out of my zone.

"This is the village where I grew up." I began. "Oh so you're familiar with it, you could even reunite with some family."