The Unexpected

It felt like standing in a gentle spring rain. It doesn't hurt, not even a little. There's no suffering, it simply is just warm.

I never expected such a gentle death. Now I am free.

The demon slowly began fading away, Tanjiro turned around and looked at her. The feeling of pity in those sweet eyes.

"Her eyes are basically transparent, I bet when she was human someone looked into them lovingly." Tanjiro mumbled.

Who was it? I don't remember the person who used to love me. I wonder what they are doing now." The spider demon thought to herself.

"The Twelve Kizuki are here...beware!" She said before she was gone.

"A twelve Kizuki?! They're here in the mountains? They're blood has a hight account of Kibutsujis blood! If I get some of its blood I'll be closer to make that potion for nezuko!" Tanjiro muttered around in his head. "OH RIGHT! INOSUKE!" He remembered and ran in the opposite direction.

He looked around everywhere, trying to spot the boar head boy until yelling caught his attention. "OI! DID YOU KILL HER?" Inosuke shouted.

"Yes! Are you all right, Inosuke?" Tanjiro asked indicating his wounds that the other spider demon inflicted on him. "DON'T CODDLE ME!" Inosuke shouted back. "OKAY GOT IT? I CAN DO ANYTHING YOU CAN DO! PRETTY SOON MY HEAD WILL BE HARDER THAN YOURS! AND.."

Inosukes voice began fading away, Tanjiro was stuck in his own mind. "those terrible wounds...and I couldn't help the others too." Tanjiro kept staring into space and he couldn't help but think of the spider mother.

"That spider demon..she smelled like fear and suffering so deeply that she wanted to die. What is happening on this Mountain? The Twelve Kizuki are here, do a clan of demons live on this mountain, wait but I thought demons didn't group up?"

"GOMPACHIRO!" Inosuke shouted while punching Tanjiro on the arm, causing him to snap back. "Huh? Okay-Okay"

Somewhere else on the mountain

"OW!" Zenitsu screamed while walking down a path, "I felt a sudden PANG! What the--ARGH IT MAKES ME MAD!" He muttered to himself. "AND THE WORST PART IS I CAN'T FIND TANJIRO AND INOSUKE! WHERE DID THEY GO? WHICH WAY, IT STINKS AROUND HERE! PEE-YEW. I THINK IM GONNA CRY!" Zenitsu yelled out.

The spiders on the dirt floor skittered around, attempting to crawl anywhere on Zenitsu. "THE SKITTERING SOUND THOSE SPIDERS MAKE IS REALLY GROSS! I KNOW THEY'RE JUST TRYING TO SURVIVE BUT STILL! PIPE DOWN! STOP MOVING!" He yelled down at the spiders. He pointed to the spider hiding behind the bush and the exact spider revealed itself. It was a spider, maybe as big as your head, literally. It had a head as a body yet still has its eight legs.

Zenitsu and the spider made direct eye contact, it was...gross. "IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?" Zenitsu screeched.

Zenitsu freaked and ran as quick as he could while ranting. "THAT'S A HUMAN HEAD! A HUMAN-HEADED SPIDER! WHAT THE HECK! WHAT THE HECK! IM DREAMING IM DREAMING IM DREAMING PLEASE LET ME BE JUST DREAMING!" He shouted while continuing to speed up.

"THIS IS JUST A DREAM! I'LL WORK HARDER! WHEN I WAKE UP, AND I FIND I'M ASLEEP WITH MY HEAD ON NEZUKOS LAP, I'LL BE READY TO WORK HARD! I'LL PLOW MY FIELD! I'LL PLOW THREE OR FOUR FIELDS EVEN! PLEASE JUST LET ME WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE!" Zenitsu yelled out while looking up at the trees.

His mouth dropped at the sight of a cabin floating in the air while other slayers hung from it. Some were..different. One was losing hair and eyes rolled so far back its head, you'd think he doesn't have pupils. They all twitched and groaned, some didn't.