Why?

Yae's POV

I pulled the trigger and shot my father in the head. I let out my tears, I knelt down, the only thing that supported me was my gun. I killed my dad. I raised my head, just to get at least one last look. 

I looked down, eye wide. "how.." I mumbled. The demon that I shot groaned and lifted its head. "How did you become a demon? why did you eat everyone?" I cried out. He charged at me with an unrecognizable speed. 

"why?

why?

why did you just flee from the house, like you were running away? Back then, why?" I was lost in my own thoughts, he seemed faster than first. Before I knew it, I was struggling against him, his weight against my small body and my gun in his mouth. He bit down, attempting to break it. I struggled, this wasn't my dad? where did this incredible strength come from?

Taro's blood dripped down from his forehead to my face, "If you can't turn back, I'll shoot you, I am a Matagi." I said to his face. We exchanged looks, almost if we were having a staring contest. I only had one thought, a very painful one.

"Dad, why...why did you eat me as well back then?" I asked, my voice broke, a tear slid down my face. "E..e..ya.." He muttered. Another tear, except this one was interrupted by a noise, something being pulled. 

A mismatched haori suddenly appeared, a long sword out, aiming for my dad. All so suddenly, my dad was off of me, screaming. "ARGH!" he screamed. He had no arm, I looked in worry, the man leaped back and shielded me from my dad. 

"well, would you look at that? What a coincidence?" A female voice behind said in my ear. My dad got back up, holding onto his limb. 

"Kocho, take care of her." Mismatched Haori said. "Wait, are you sure, Tomioka? Do you not want my help now? Just a few nights ago I could've sworn you wanted something from me.." She joked. "After all, I can send it through a world of poison." She pulled her sword out her sheath. 

"W-WAIT!" I cried out. "What is it now?" The man grumbled. "You know this already. That is a monster who can't love anymore. He is not human, and He can no longer be called Human. He's a demon, face it Yae." He said as I watched my father re-grow his arm. 

Giyuus POV

"He is no longer your father." I told the broken girl, I understand Yae, It's not easy and I'm sorry for that. I thought to myself. I ran towards the demon, he came my direction, "GAHH!" He yelled in what I assumed to be frustration. I noticed his new arm came with something new. Something resembling an axe grew on his arm. 

He came at full speed, throwing his arms around with his new built in axe, he aimed for my neck and I clashed with my sword. He swung again and I lifted it away. He did an undercut, He was too fast and I went to slow.

I took a deep breath in, I leaned backward, and caught my balance, I cut that same arm, I slightly  bent my knee, and lowered my back. "Fourth Form: Striking Tide" I called out.

I twisted my body and my sword in a flowing way, It was a quick attack, I cut off his limbs, but most importantly, his head. It fell immediately on the snow, it was stained a pretty red. His entire body plopped on the snow. 

"It's over." I called out, I turned to his body, which was already disintegrating, he mumbled something before he was fully gone.

Shinobus POV

"yeah..It's finally over." I told Yae, I turned to look at her, She finished crying, her eyes were bloodshot red, instead she removed her boots and reached for her gun. I looked at her puzzled, she didn't bother to look at me. 

She aimed it at her face, "what..?" I thought, she moved her foot near the trigger and it hit me. I looked at her wide eyed, "SHINOBOU!" Giyuu yelled from below, "I can finally be at peace." she said before inserting her toe on the trigger.

"shit! I won't make it, this isn't good!" I ran as fast as I could towards Yae, she closed her eyes and almost pulled on the trigger. I pushed her into the snow and the gun fell out of her grip. I pinned her down, even if I was smaller than her.

She gasped, "Hell, why..why..? Why now of all times, why won't you let me die? Just let me die." She cried out. "ahhh,ughh, Yae-san.." I attempted to comfort her but failed.

"My Dad became a man eating demon! I lost Taro and everyone else! My home, my people, Its all gone! You people don't understand anything! Just leave me alone..I'm nothing." 

"His message." Giyuu said, we both looked at him. "It was most likely for you. "Live" Giyuu looked at the young girl, she chuckled. "What the..?

In the most monotone voice, Giyuu said one more thing. "I don't care about your complaints about demons, It has nothing to do with me." He turned his back and began walking away. "Giyuu?" I asked, what was wrong with him?

He interrupted me, "Shinobu, Don't forget. We're pillars." I gave him a nasty look, and he knew because his back stiffened as he walked away. "Yae-san, Please bear with your feelings. I know it's not easy, That's how we pulled through as well." I muttered my final words to her. 

Later

Me and Giyuu found a ramen restaurant and sat down to eat. Bowls were brought almost instantly. I gently moved my hair to my hair and slurped my noodles. "You looked really pretty in the snow." Giyuu said suddenly.

I slightly blushed, "Giyuu..Why did you say that mean thing to Yae?" our moods switched. He sighed, "Shinobu, We're pillars, we don't have time to share our feelings for everyone, specifically when we have a job to do." He answered. 

I sat quiet and thought about it. "What about us? What are we to you?" I asked, it must've been unexpected for him, he laid his chopsticks down. "I didn't mean it like that. You know what we are." He said.

"I know what we are in my head, but what are we in yours? Why are you dodging this question?" I said in defense. 

"You are.." He started but went quiet. I knew what that meant, He wasn't so sure about us, He didn't know where we stood. "The woman of my dreams, my love, my partner, My girlfriend. You are my girlfriend." 

I looked at him, flushed red. He's never talked about me in way, it was...romantic. "Then, That makes you the man of my dreams, my lover, my partner, and my boyfriend." I said with a bright smile. He returned the smile. 

"You've changed." I said, he looked at me again. "How so?" he asked, I stirred my noodles a bit. "You talk a little more, maybe not so much but it's a start, you're communicating with more pillars, you're strangely romantic and, you seem slightly happy now." 

"huh," He said, "I'm just glad I was given the opportunity to meet someone like you, you make me a better man."  

I smiled harder than ever, I twirled a bit with my hair and gave him a kiss on the cheek, let's hurry and go home, I wanna lay with you before our next mission." He chuckled and began slurping. 

I guess they're not always a changed man.

OH MY, OVERDUE TO THE MAX

I SWEAR IT'S NOT ON PURPOSE, I BROKE MY PHONE WHILE I WAS OUT OF THE COUNTRY AND I'M CATCHING UP ON SCHOOLWORK IM SO SORRYYYYY, BUT BUT I GOT MOTIVATION AND I WILL BE WRITING A LOT MORE, LIKE I ALREADY STARTED THE NEXT CHAPTER AND STUFF. 

also, just to make it clear, the last sentence is kinda like speaking from the future, if that makes sense. ANWAYSSSS

ISNT GIYUU BEING A ROMANTIC SO CUTE????!! I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. also, does anyone have any ideas they'd like to share? I have a couple that im going to write but after that it's just full on writers block. cus like??

anways, Im so sorry for the wait babes!! Im fully back and healthy!!

X- 

Author.