All cried out

Today was the day. 

The day that Giyuu finally decided to apologize to Shinobu with the help of Kanroji he understood what he needed to say.

He felt nervous—very nervous. His palms were sweaty, and he kept repeating his apology over a dozen times in his mind.

He arrived at his destination, The Butterfly Estate. He knocked on the door, hoping it'd be easy for him he wished Shinobu answered the door. It was Aoi, "Tomioka-San? Do you need medical attention?" She questioned.

He shook his head and said, "Shinobu. I'm looking for her." His answer was simple and easy.

She pouted her lip, "She's in her lab. She doesn't like to be bothered during her lab hours." She crossed her arms, expecting him to leave. He nodded and went right through her.

"Tomioka! I said—oh forget it." Aoi sighed and left him to be.

Giyuu knew where her lab was located, and he also knew that the chances of the door being locked were high. Luckily, it was open. He reached for the metal door and took continuous breaths.

"I got this..I got this. Don't mess it up, Giyuu. This is for Shinobu." He spent a minute or so trying to convince himself that he could accomplish this.

Finally, he decided he was just gonna open the door and start talking. And that's exactly what he did.

The metal door swung open. He took a deep breath and began expressing himself.

"Shinobu, I wanted to say I'm sorry." He looked down, only staring at the hard flooring. Not even making the slightest amount of eye contact. His heart pulsated as he continued his apology.

"I am so sorry. What I did was wrong. I shouldn't have trusted my life to the fate of a demon...I shouldn't have sworn to take my life, especially since you're a great part of it. The effect it had on you wasn't fair. I ruined what we had; I made you cry, and you felt melancholy. I couldn't even begin to imagine how you felt. I know to you it might not be justified, so I'm asking for your forgiveness."

He finally managed to fully fight his indescribable feelings. "I know it made you feel like you can't trust me but—!"

She was frozen, and in her palm she held a small needle, inserted into her veins. Her face had betrayed her. Her eyes were filled with fear and worry. The way her rose-pink lips quivered gave away the fact that the words she desperately wanted to say couldn't break free. She was caught.

"What—? What is that?" He reached for her forearm, but she pulled away. He looked around her lab, looking for clues. Till something caught his eye: "Wisteria? Why...What—Did you inject wisteria poison in yourself?" He took a deep breath. "What the hell are you doing?!"

She covered her arm with her sleeves and haori. "Nothing! Get out! You're not supposed to be here! The door was supposed to be locked!" She shouted. He couldn't believe her.

"How long?" He asked, the pain in his voice was clear. It cracked at just the second word, it was obvious that he was upset.

She remained quiet, "Damnit! I won't say it again! How long?" He said once more. "9 months." She whispered.

He felt dazed. All of a sudden he couldn't think clearly, was this real?

"Look—I just! UGH!" She yelled in frustration, she didn't want to explain herself. She felt she had no reason to.

"You're a hypocrite..." he mumbled. "You asked me why I was being selfish when we argued about the Kamados when you've been doing this for 9 months?"

She stood silent, "I...I am avenging my sister. I plan for Uppermoon 2 to eat me, so he will be poisoned and Kanao will finish him off."