You Have The Spark We Need: Chapter 6

Narrator pov

You felt your eyes slowly open to a blinding sight as you covered your eyes for a moment as you saw that you were in a hospital bed with the morning light casting itself on you. You sat up as you rubbed your eyes as you tried to piece your mind back together.

Y/N:( What happened last- WAIT!)

You quickly looked around for your phone as you heard a knock on the door as a doctor and the chancellor of the school came in as well.

Chancellor: Y/N! You're awake!

Y/N: What happened!? Please tell me, I don't remember what happened! Where is everyone, did they make it out!

Chancellor: Then you do remember, at least that much. There was an explosion in the basement in the boys dorm building at around 12:32 am. This was caused by the now discovered Delta Force, at least that's what they call themselves.

Y/N: GET TO THE POINT!

Chancellor: We have reason to believe... That no one other then you survived the explosion. There were a few that never went and weren't there to witness, but for everyone inside. It was... a massacre.

You sat there for a moment as you closed your eyes as you gripped the sheets of the bed and let your head fall down. You wiped away the tears as you breathed in tightly as you felt a hand on your back.

Chancellor: I am sorry son, this... Just, let me know if you need anything.

Doctor: It's also lucky that you only got away with slight cuts and scrapes, you are lucky.

Y/N:.... Maybe, compared to them.

Doctor: I am sorry for your loss, and everything that has happened.

Y/N: What now?

Chancellor: The board has decided that for now we are going to shut down, for now.

Y/N: What?!

Chancellor: With the amount of people gone from the attack we are being watched from all around, I can't have people making decisions based on an attack. I would also not have those who lost their lives be defaced by the media. The parent have also asked for this as well, and I want to do my best to respect their wishes.

Y/N: I see...

Chancellor: Do you have a place nearby where you could stay?

Y/N: No, I used to live in the states. My parents are still there.( I think anyway.)

Chancellor: Then I will give you the money for the travel and such if you would like.

Y/N: Can I have some time to think about it?

Chancellor: Take all the time you need, I will be taking my leave. I am already being swarmed by news and other such annoyances. Just think about my offer.

Doctor: You may also leave if you so choose, your body is mostly fine after all the sleep. You have fallen asleep just for the night.

The doctor left the room as you laid back down on the bed as you closed your eyes. You felt the shifting memories as you thought about the night before. You opened your eyes as you looked at your hands. The feeling of the intense heat still resonated for a moment as you closed your hand into a fist.

Y/N:( Maybe they won't hate me if I go back.... Yeah right. They will hate me regardless, but mom might be less, who knows. I guess I better go give them a call.)

You sat up and looked to the desk next to you as you saw your phone on it. You grabbed it as you made your way to contacts as you scrolled to where your mother was. You sighed as you saw a new notification at the top.