Hard Work, Paid Off: Chapter 36 Saga 2

Narrator POV

Blood drenched over the ground of the bathroom as Y/N was winching in pain as he plunged the knife further into his hand. He watched as the warm blood splatter against the floor as he wiped it away and held the knife in his hand.

He took one deep breath as he pulled it quickly out as blood pooled from his hand. He took a deep breath as he put his hand near the mirror as he watched the flames engulf his hand before he felt the soothing touch of his flames caress his wound.

Y/N: I can heal myself... This is amazing.

The flames completely wiped away the blood and the cut in his hand in mere seconds as he flexed his hand with no pain or constraint within. He felt a little tired, but even without the amount of testing and theories there was still only the discomfort from using his powers too much.

Y/N: Wow, why did I never know this?!

He shouted to no one, as he picked up a bunch of paper towels and toilet paper as he wiped away the blood on the floor of his bathroom, as much as he could call it that.

He stood off of the ground as he walked out of the bathroom as he wiped away the sweat from his face and looked at his phone. He checked the date, a few days after he started training with Sage and Jett, and with no new missions from Brimstone.

He had been training day in and day out as everyday as he did, Jett and Sage making his time less and less every time, until it got so close to the top scores, and only You stood in his way, it was the only one he cared about.

Y/N: I got to this soon, god knows he might return from whatever mission Sage said he was on, and decide to break his top score. No offense to the guy, but I got to prove myself.

Y/N looked around his room as he saw his jacket as he quickly put it on as he put on some more training pants and a new shirt as he walked outside of his room. He knew curfew was already broken, but what was one curfew break compared to a lifetime of missions and lifesaving.

He walked through the long hallways as he made his way to the large training lounge as he saw Reyna sitting there in a chair as she had a water bottle in her hand. She was wearing a tank top and some very tight leggings as Y/N was trying not to look to her backside.

He walked away a little bit until he saw Reyna sipping her water as she spoke directly to him.

Reyna: Breaking curfew, huh Phoenix?

Y/N: How did you know it was me?

Reyna: Intuition, sweetie~ Who else would come here day in and day out just for some training, definitely better ways of doing so.

Y/N: O-Oh, I just didn't have better ways...

Reyna: Only playing with you, besides, it's not like I am going to rat you out or anything, Radiants have to stick together, don't we?

Y/N: Yeah, we have to rely on others to learn, don't we?

Reyna: Correct, although, I know very little about you, and you about me. Maybe that is what you mean by learn?

It was hard for Y/N to concentrate on the conversation him and Reyna were both having, as his mind was trying not to wander. Her voice was soft, and had a lift to it that kept his brain with this tingling sensation that he couldn't really understand.

It was like he was talking to his mother so long ago, there was a maturity in her voice, like Viper, but instead of sarcastic remarks and unending intellect, there was wisdom in her words, and a loving nature that he couldn't quite place.

Y/N: Oh, I thought the other agents would tell you about me.

Reyna: They would rather not bring you up.